ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: advice please

advice please

I'm testing watercolours in AR3 pro studio and can not guess the real effects. This one is made with dried strokes watercolour tool. I will be grateful for some tricks & tips including how to made a real color palette ( most problems have with raw sienna and raw umber)

Thank you
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	watercolour 1.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	406.0 KB 
ID:	40757  

Sorry my english level is perhaps too low to fully understand your question. Is it that you are wondering how to have brighter color ?
    My understanding here is that you used instadry and wet paper ? Wet paper washes a lot of the color ...

Hi WonderW,
    You can control the intensity of color by decreasing the thinners..if washed out colors is what you meant..
    The more hair I lose, the more head I get.

Likoum thanks for looking and Flyshy thank you for advice.
    I realised that I must to use smaller dimension of canavases therefore it's easier to control brush.
    p.s. I learned a lot form this topic: http://www2.ambientdesign.com/forums...ad.php?t=25764

Thanks Jules!

Maybe you'd find it easier if you aimed for colors, not for real-world pigments. ArtRage is an approximation, not an exact copy of real media, so getting the color of raw sienna right won't give you, for instance, its exact neutralizing effect on ultramarine.

Just pick whatever color you would get by mixing pigments, and use it.

That said, watercolor, even ArtRage version, does not have to be bleak. Use some intense shades!

Also: instead of using insta-dry, work in several wet layers. You'll get wet-in-wet effects on each layer as you add color.