ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Apple iPad

Apple iPad

Wow, this thing looks incredible.

Now if we can only get AR3 onto it it would be the perfect mobile sketching and painting device on the planet

Mike
    Mbrienza

Does it use a stylus/pen?

Quote Originally Posted by weeun View Post
    Does it use a stylus/pen?
    nope. Apple has been very anti-stylus since it started putting touch interfaces on everything, and it doesn't look like that's changed.

It's a shame, I was hoping I could pick one up.

They didn't say if it was stylus friendly during the event.
    It may support the Pogo stylus, we'll see.

Mike
    Mbrienza

I looked up pictures on Google images. 9/10 of them had a stylus included in the image.

I wonder if Ambient Design can neither confirm or deny developing a secret AR3 app for the iPad. LOL

Just kidding guys
    Hey we can dream

Mike
    Mbrienza

I could ask my mum for it, if it doesn't cost too much.
    Just for drawing if it comes with a stylus and the ability to get AR3 or some good painting program.

Quote Originally Posted by weeun View Post
    I looked up pictures on Google images. 9/10 of them had a stylus included in the image.
    Those are old photoshopped rumor pictures.

The real Apple iPad is basically an inflated iPod Touch.

So it is completely multi touch based like the iPod Touch and iPhone.

http://www.apple.com/ipad/

Jer

I think if Wacom took their 21UX and reduced it down to a 10 inch mobile tablet, Now that would be "revoloutionary and magical".

M
    Mbrienza

There is no stylus. The iPad uses the same touch-screen technology as the iPod and the iPhone. A stylus would ruin the surface, and there's no point in having a stylus since it doesn't have multiple levels of pressure sensitivity. The "coated glass sandwich" method of capacitance-based touch screen technology just doesn't support pressure beyond the ability to sense a simple "on-off".

It's not an artists' tool like a Cintique, it's a touch-screen journal tool. It's not even a real computer, since it runs a crippled OS and you won't be able to install your own software without jailbreaking it, voiding your warranty (much like the iPhone).

If Jobs thinks this is a notebook-killer, he's nuts. I can install any OS or software I want on a notebook, unlike this thing.

Factor in the fact that notebooks will still be cheaper than this thing, and you discover what it's for: a journal/diary/ebook-reader for Mac hipsters with more money than sense. Because it's based on a custom processor which Apple does not plan of releasing any information about, it doesn't even support basic things like Flash-enabled web pages (anyone remember how long it took to get a version of Flash player that would run on Safari when Mac OS first came out? I do. It was 8 long months.).
    Last edited by yogsodoth; 01-28-2010 at 02:02 PM.