ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Constrained Rotation

Constrained Rotation

I refer to this post here to the paragraph under the quote and hoping you can give me some technical insight
    http://www2.ambientdesign.com/forums...18&postcount=2

I'm wondering why when i set a base value of -4 and a random of 8 for rotation why its not rotating the sticker randomly between -4 and +4 on the percentage scale??
    "I paint because I love to cut mats" (Arthur Alexander)

EDIT: Sorry, I read the post by andrea in the suggestion forum only after I posted this and could see that what I said, you all already had figured out

I fully agree with the mocked rotation dial. Looks great and would be so useful. I also wish there was a 'randomise' button for all the settings (like there used to be in KPT) which would randomise all the parameter values. It's wonderful to get surprising results

Hi Juz,
    I haven't tried what you described in the single post, but my logic says that the roatation would be randomised between -4 & 0 degrees and not -4 to +4 degrees as you expect it to happen.

I suppose the random dial will just control the amount of randomization within the set parameters (in this case -4 to 0 degrees).

I wish there was a way in the spray setting to set a variation which is from -ve to +ve ( I face this need esp when I want to vary the hue) to increase the flair possible by the tool. As of now it'll lean only to either +ve or -ve.
    Last edited by flyashy; 01-26-2010 at 08:43 PM.
    The more hair I lose, the more head I get.

@flyashy : I am glad you like my mock-up, let's hope the guys at Ambient will put out an ArtRage 3.1 with those new brush settings (yes I'm a dreamer, lol)

lol andrea, you bet I liked it, it looked sooooo in place there as if it belonged!!!
    I'm a dreamer too
    The more hair I lose, the more head I get.

SOS pointed me in the right direction with regards to how the base value is working.

The base value of 50% in this case gives us +/-50% rotation (i.e the full 360 circle is available to the random rotate)... which leads me to my next question which is... how does it deal with the excess for a base value over 50%... does it wrap it around, bounce it back or just ignore it altogether??
    Last edited by Juz; 01-27-2010 at 09:13 AM.
    "I paint because I love to cut mats" (Arthur Alexander)