ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: dirty airbrush techniques?

dirty airbrush techniques?

has anybody developed dirty airbrush techniques in AR?

Glitter's ok, but the little bits only get so small and are regular...

what do AR users do when they want to dirty up their technique?

thanks!

a

what do AR users do when they want to dirty up their technique?
    They are probably playing around with the sticker spray ... can't imagine a thing that you can't do with this tool ...

I just took a quick look, and you can build your own dirty airbrush with the stickers spray tool :
    1) select the sticker spray
    2) Open parameter
    3) select the sticker "Airbrush spat" in "Brush heads"
    4) Set to Continuous, no shadows, auto-flatten
    5) open the spray variation
    6) in the menu of the spray variation window, click on "Set up for image spray"
    6) Add some random value for the following lines : scale (very low), rotation (lot), offset (low)
    7) set the other values of the variation spray as you need then close the window

TADA : here you are, you have a very dirty airbrush (do not hesitate to use spray rate )

Hope that was what you were looking for
    Attached Images Attached Images  

yeah, from the little bit of spray sample in your picture, that is about what I'm looking for.

I clearly have to crack the surface new tools and controls in Studio Pro..thanks for that example!

a

No problem, I was looking for some example of stickers spray in the art supplies part of the forum and I rememberred this thread, so I thought that it was a good time to put in application what I read.

Having played with those setting a little after the post, I would suggest to reduce the Offset/Random compared to my setting, otherwise the airbrush is really really unprecise.

There are presets for that sticker already made as well. They're under the Art Brush category in the Presets for the sticker spray tool. There's also one named Paint Splats under the Art Clippings category that might work too.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	spats.jpg 
Views:	123 
Size:	163.4 KB 
ID:	40646
    Nothing is easy to the unwilling.

Quote Originally Posted by Someonesane View Post
    There are presets for that sticker already made as well. They're under the Art Brush category in the Presets for the sticker spray tool. There's also one named Paint Splats under the Art Clippings category that might work too.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	spats.jpg 
Views:	123 
Size:	163.4 KB 
ID:	40646
    thank you, too, Someonesane...this looks very promising..

a

I am just now re-visiting this subject...I don't see how to save variations made in the Spray Variation table...

I assume one can make several similar brushes and save them for future use, each with a different name?

maybe it's right under my nose..can someone describe how it's done?

thanks!

a

make your variation and
    click on "new preset"

Red face

ah, so that's what that's for!

heh...

thank you!