ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Login again and again!

Login again and again!

I have a problem, when I log in and for some reason busy with other windows opened in my system. On my return to AR, even by few minutes I am required to login again and won't be allowed to post. This happens all the time whenever I go out of AR window. I' d be thankful for a solution.
    The artist is the lover of Nature, therefore he is her slave and her master. - Rabindranth Tagore

I'm not able to duplicate this, I remain logged in, so it sounds like a problem with local browser cookies or configuration to me as the forums themselves appear to be working.

Make sure that you check 'remember me' when you log in, and that your browser is allowing cookies for the website. If that doesn't help, log out, clear your browser cookies and try again. I hope that helps!
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

Thanks; I'll remember to do that and see!
    The artist is the lover of Nature, therefore he is her slave and her master. - Rabindranth Tagore

Don't forget too that if you have your browser set to delete cookies on closing you will need to log in again even if you have checked "remember me". The "remember me" is a cookie and will be deleted unless you set the browser to not delete cookies.

David Jenner at Ambient design sent me the following email when I was haviing the same problem of staying logged in and posting.

In order to correct mine, I had to first log out and get off the browser completely. Then open another browser and delete the cookies he mentioned. Just deleting the cookies did not work. I had to start with a new browser window and not only that, I had to be not logged in to ArtRage for 15 or 20 minutes before I deleted the cookies to make it work. Apparently ArtRage does not log you off immediately and the cookie seemed to stay active or something. Anyway, here it is.

Logging in from David Jenner" <support@ambientdesign.com

Not able to stay logged or cannot post after logging in.
    Also, have you tried logging out, then removing all browser cookies
    > via Tools -> Delete Browsing History? If not, it would be a worthwhile
    > troubleshooting step. After doing so, restart your browser, go to the
    > forum homepage, log in while checking 'remember me' and then see
    > whether you get any change in the behavior.

Carl