ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: ArtRage 3 fails IMHO

ArtRage 3 fails IMHO

Just upgraded last week from AR 2.5 to AR Studio 3 (non Pro version) and I hate to say this but I wish I would have stayed with 2.5. There are no new features that have won me over. I find the stencil option akin to using clip art. Yeah it's a nice toy but I'll seldom use it......

I really don't understand why we need the sticker or sticker spray. Kind of reminds me of Painter's image hose or Paint Shop Pro's tubes feature... I also find when I working with a large PSD file it's performance lags behind Painter IX.5...

The palette brush is vastly inferior to the same brush in Painter IX.5...

I wish ArtRage would use the keyboard's brackets keys to resize brushes "[ ]" as do Photoshop, Painter & Gimp... Instead of having to use the mouse to zoom in/out why not the + or - keys? Sorry but I find moving about in ArtRage to be more time consuming then in Painter or Paint Shop Pro...The only feature I like in ArtRage is the pencil... and perhaps the only time I will use Artrage will be for the pencil... A better fit for me is Painter IX.5...The freebie Gimp Paint Studio IMHO is a much superior program then ArtRage 3.0...

I was honestly looking forward to ArtRage 3.0 but IMHO it fails misserably....

Sorry I don't mean to be rude but I am greatly dissappointed by the "new" features in AR 3.0...

Uh... use Painter IX.5?

If you want ArtRage to be the Gimp, or Painter, you are right. it is not the Gimp, and it is not Painter.

I am happy to say though, that I love to use ArtRage 3 Studio Pro. I was used to work with Painter X, which I loved very much. Now I don't even have Painter on my disk anymore. I uninstalled it with a big smile, ArtRage 3 Studio Pro gives me what I need, and with a userfriendly interface.
    I suggest that you give it another chance and use it some more to explore the possibilities .Maybe it could change your mind?

To me ,Painter just isn't ArtRage.

I believe you really don't like ArtRage. You started this elsewhere too.
    Last edited by hanzz; 01-23-2010 at 07:55 PM.
    Just say: "Rage It", because we already know it's art.

My ArtRage 3 and 4 Gallery------My Site ------- BROWSE MY BOOK

Quote Originally Posted by kenmo View Post
    Just upgraded last week from AR 2.5 to AR Studio 3 (non Pro version) and I hate to say this but I wish I would have stayed with 2.5. There are no new features that have won me over. I find the stencil option akin to using clip art. Yeah it's a nice toy but I'll seldom use it......

I really don't understand why we need the sticker or sticker spray. Kind of reminds me of Painter's image hose or Paint Shop Pro's tubes feature... I also find when I working with a large PSD file it's performance lags behind Painter IX.5...

The palette brush is vastly inferior to the same brush in Painter IX.5...

I wish ArtRage would use the keyboard's brackets keys to resize brushes "[ ]" as do Photoshop, Painter & Gimp... Instead of having to use the mouse to zoom in/out why not the + or - keys? Sorry but I find moving about in ArtRage to be more time consuming then in Painter or Paint Shop Pro...The only feature I like in ArtRage is the pencil... and perhaps the only time I will use Artrage will be for the pencil... A better fit for me is Painter IX.5...The freebie Gimp Paint Studio IMHO is a much superior program then ArtRage 3.0...

I was honestly looking forward to ArtRage 3.0 but IMHO it fails misserably....

Sorry I don't mean to be rude but I am greatly dissappointed by the "new" features in AR 3.0...

Did you try the demo first before upgrading? If you did not, you can't really complain because you would have found out these things that you don't like before you paid for an upgrade! You do have to take some responsibility!

By all means Kenmo, go and use painter or gimp or mspaint or what ever floats your boat.

Bye.
    Be well,

"Teach, Learn, Thrive"~DM

You might find ArtRage Studio Pro more to your liking, Kenmo.
    There are better blending tools, better text layer options, more options on the airbrush and other tools.
    It sounds as though you're wanting the more professional level features.
    AndyRage's mantra for graphics engine code:
    "Sure - how hard can it be?"

You posted this comment in 2007...

"More like Artweaver...

I recently upgraded my ArtRage to 2.5 and after all of the hype about new features I must say I am totally disappointed.

Not being a freehand artist, I purchased ArtRage to do photo manipulation much like is done in Corel Painter . Turning a photo into a paintery type image using one of my digital photos as a source... I find in ArtRage I can not do this yet in a trial copy of Painter or in Corel Painter Essentials I can...

I then started looking for a cheaper alternative to Painter. I heard ArtRage was the closes thing to Painter and was developed by programmers who birthed Painter at Metacreations. I immediately became very interested...

However after much effort I found ArtRage was not the app for me and have since relegated it to the bin...

I recently found a free app named ArtWeaver that is still in beta...
    "

I guess this is not a program for you Kenmo. I appreciate your input but it sounds like your mind was made up in 2007. Thanks for sharing and good luck with your other programs!
    "The significance is hiding in the insignificant. Appreciate everything."
    Eckhart Tolle

And here too :

You say you wanted to stick to AR2.5 and not upgrading to 3, and in 2007 you did not like AR2.5.

I have seen some of your drawings, I believe you are more a vector man than a freehand painter.
    Maybe Inkscape is something for you? it's freeware and maybe more toy-like compared to Coreldraw or Illustrator( I like it though....), but I'm sure you'll find the best for your needs............
    Just say: "Rage It", because we already know it's art.

My ArtRage 3 and 4 Gallery------My Site ------- BROWSE MY BOOK

hey my citroen car doesnt have flappy paddle gears so what, I like it...its a nippy little run about, gets you from A to B and lots of fun
    You can view all my other artwork here http://spookyjules.blogspot.co.uk/

Sorry I really didn't mean to offend anyone. I guess my expectations of AR 3 being more like Painter were simply unrealistic... Perhaps the new ArtRage e-zine will have some tutorials that will help to win me over...

I also wish there was a way to redefine keyboard shortcuts so the bracket keys "[" "]" for brush resizing like in Photoshop, Painter, Gimp, etc... or the "+", "-" for screen zooming...