Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Impasto oil painting technique

Jules, Fly thank you very much.

I'm posting some examples of this type of painting. Enlarge the images for a better view.

See also these links, paintings of the artist AT-TA:

All dressed up and ready to go

Is this impasto?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	street.jpg 
Views:	435 
Size:	346.0 KB 
ID:	42136   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Lucas.jpg 
Views:	370 
Size:	127.5 KB 
ID:	42137  
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Good work Oriane!
    You can view all my other artwork here http://spookyjules.blogspot.co.uk/

Good Tips!

Used your settings, squeezed out paint from the tube which I had'nt tried before, spread it around and painted into the wet stuff. Spooky...so much like the real thing.
    Last edited by rbissett; 02-25-2010 at 03:56 PM.

Oriane, i have not seen the first picture... oh... what to say.. i am out of words... super... out of this world...love your impasto style. That i am not kidding i will post here another pic of mine...must be almost two years old and i didn't know much about the tubes then,but i tried... not perfect but loved the texture they were creating...

Oriane, thank you so much for showing us, me, your how to's, sharing it with us... your time invested this way is very much appreciated.Keep up the good work and paint more in this style ,it is so down to earth and cheery... all in one... one can touch it and immerse this way in the scene compleetly... and colors.. we need pretty colors... so cook them up and feed them to us...ok?

Jules, Rbisset and AT thank you very much.

Quote Originally Posted by rbissett View Post
    Used your settings, squeezed out paint from the tube which I had'nt tried before, spread it around and painted into the wet stuff. Spooky...so much like the real thing.
    RBisset, in my opinion you produced a masterpiece of painting. Smooth, elegant, varying the values of color, in a beautiful dreamy image composition that draws our attention. I advise that you publish this painting in the gallery so that it will be best appreciated by all. Congratulations, I am happy that this tutorial is reaching its goal. Thank you for your post.

About Byron Callas findings: In Figures 15 and 16 is printed the due credit to some of Byron’s findings. These findings can be better studied and evaluated in Byron Callas Thread - 3D Lighting Bump Issue: Question and Request.

Byron Callas, also published the excellent thread: 3D Simulation in ArtRage 3: One Simple Approach, which can be evaluated here:

Byron Callas comment about Impasto oil painting technique : “Oriane, this is outstanding. I love everything about it, but particularly like some of your workarounds dealing with the bump shadow that can plague the lower right trailing edges in the AR lighting effects. Someday I hope AR will give the Artist's options to control the built in lighting direction. But your approach is a good one for dealing with that little problem. And the overall technique illustrations are an entire arsenal of delights for creating all manner of beautiful art with endless possibilities. Just a super job”.

Quote Originally Posted by orianelima View Post
    RBisset, in my opinion you produced a masterpiece of painting. Smooth, elegant, varying the values of color, in a beautiful dreamy image composition that draws our attention. I advise that you publish this painting in the gallery so that it will be best appreciated by all. Congratulations, I am happy that this tutorial is reaching its goal. Thank you for your post.
    Wow, Thanks! I'm encouraged to go on.