ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: How Start? to Draw

How Start? to Draw

Hello, i have question, What drawning for beginner man? some threes, water or some some faces? hands? i dont no :/

Soooory for mine English language

You can draw what you like, but I remember from art class in high school, we started with what is called a still life. It can include things like bottles, vases, fruit, draped cloth, and pottery. Pay attention to shapes, shadows, and highlights. Teach yourself to really look at what the light does when it reflects off an object. This is a good place to start. Always remember to have fun with it.
    Aunt Betsy

My Zazzle store:
    Aunt Betsy's Celebration Art

One of the best books I know of is 'Drawing on the Right Side of the Brain" by Betty Edwards.
    Rich

Yes, it is an interesting book and ebook version can be downloaded from:
    http://www.scribd.com/doc/22350526/T...s?autodown=pdf
    The artist is the lover of Nature, therefore he is her slave and her master. - Rabindranth Tagore

ok thanks ;p

Some of the best books on drawing for beginners were made by Andrew Loomis. Out of print; you can find them at the site fineart.sk . Get "Fun with the Pencil" and "Successful Drawing" first, the other three are for more advanced level.

There's also Sheppard and Ron Tiner with their books on figure drawing; Ken Hultgren on animal drawing (indispensable for general action drawing too) and Norling on perspective. Those you'll have to buy.

I also find that books on animation can help a lot, but that may be my personal taste. Still, look up Preston Blair's manual and "The Illusion of Life".

"Drawing on the Right Side of the Brain" by Edwards is NOT a good recommendation. Sorry. It can be motivational (telling you anyone can do it, which is of course true with enough perseverence). But it is unsystematic, and relies on a bundle of tricks (which you can equally well learn elsewhere) aiming at seeming quick improvement of technical skill. It won't help you learn to draw; it will just make inept attempts look "good" to your eye. In short, it's counterproductive; don't waste your time.

Another great resource is Youtube, some many different styles and ability lvls. I can lose hours just watching different videos.