ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Selection tool suggestions

Lightbulb Selection tool suggestions

Hello guys;

I have started to work with ArtRage only a few weeks ago. Although I'm loving the software, every once in a while I find little things I miss from Photoshop (and Yes, I am VERY happy about how seamless the transition from one to the other is using PSD files).

- Here are a few suggestions:

1) Undo Last selection point
    Using polygonal selection masks, I often miss the location of one of the points during the selection process. Phtotoshop allows the "undo" of the last selection point with the backspace key. That would be a very handy feature in AR.

2) Better transformation controls.
    (See: Distort, skew, and other transformation methods on PS)

3) I have noticed that even when just moving a selection from one point to another, AR has the tendency to 'blur' the transformed area. This is particularly noticeable with black and white "pen linework". I understand that if an area is rotated, scaled or otherwise stretched, interpolation occurs that may blur the lines, but with simple "move" operations this blurring should not happen.

These are just minor improvements. Overall you guys have a GREAT piece of software.

Thanks!

Marcos

About the blurring when moving selection. Rage guys said that it's due to a some kind of "subpixel positioning". Obviously that's cool, but when we have to deal with everyday life, I think it would be better to have a "pixel positioning". Or, at least, a mean to achieve that when we don't want the coolness
    Umberto

Quote Originally Posted by uuderzo View Post
    About the blurring when moving selection. Rage guys said that it's due to a some kind of "subpixel positioning". Obviously that's cool, but when we have to deal with everyday life, I think it would be better to have a "pixel positioning". Or, at least, a mean to achieve that when we don't want the coolness

Set the Canvas zoom to 100% and it will stop the blurring (unless the selection is being rotated or stretched).
    Nothing is easy to the unwilling.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Someonesane View Post
    Set the Canvas zoom to 100% and it will stop the blurring (unless the selection is being rotated or stretched).
    That's a cool tip. Thanks Someonesane!

sorry 4 digging out this topic but I have noticed it too... :

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	92e411cca6.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	163.3 KB 
ID:	67980