ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Beginner, no training

Beginner, no training

I guess I just would like some feedback. I have never dabbled in painting before. Any input would be appreciated. Thank you.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	flower path.jpg 
Views:	89 
Size:	83.4 KB 
ID:	40286  

Very nicely painted,the sky looks great!
    If you wanted to improve the image,you could think about foreground relationship to the background both in colour, value and scale to get more depth if that's what your trying to convey?
    Or just food for thought for your next painting.The main thing is enjoy what your doing and keep doing it!

Thanks for taking the time to look at my painting, and for the tips regarding the foreground and background relationship. That is definitely something
    that I will work on. It's harder than it looks. (practice, practice) I admire all of the amazing artists on these forums. Thanks again.

You are miles ahead of me when I started. This is very good. Keep it up and above all enjoy what you are doing.
    Love one another.-Jesus

I think you have done a terrific job. Better than I was. But most of all have fun.
    Valerie

Very naif style. I would like to see a variation with pencil traced contours.
    Umberto

Wow, this is very pretty. I'm new too and I have to say you're way beyond me. It seems to me that there is a conflict between the suggestion of day in your picture? The sky says early morning to me but the landscape feels more like mid day from the lighting.

Still, it's very nice, congratulations.

Thank you. I am not sure if there was a thought to the time of day. I was just playing around, and that is how it turned out. I hope that I can learn to be more focused, with more intent on what I am trying to convey. Thank you for your comment.

Welcome. You are off to a very good start.
    I know what it's like to start here with zero training.
    Just don't pressure yourself to try and learn everything at once. Experiment with all the tools. It's amazing what they can do. Try them for things that they were not intended for - you can get some surprising results.
    The main thing is just enjoy what you are doing, and you cannot help but learn.

Hi,

I like the sky and trees. Have fun.