ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Horikawa robot-my first pic post!

Horikawa robot-my first pic post!

Hello all,
    I just joined the forums today and have had a GREAT time seeing what everyone is up to. I've already seen some fantastic stuff and look forward to exploring further. I figured it was only fair to put something up for comment since I've already been talking about other peoples' art!
    I used the trace feature with the oil paint brush with the "pick up colors from tracing image" setting for the robot. I'm just now to the point that I'm going to start adding my own touches to the 'bot. I'm just starting on the background, with the intention of making it look like a vintage SF illustration moonscape.
    I'd love to hear your thoughts! Dave
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Horikawa-Robot-unfinished.jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	399.2 KB 
ID:	40257  

Welcome to the Forums El_Davo_Loco, I love these old wind up robots... looks like you're having a lot of fun... the metals came up beautifully.
    "I paint because I love to cut mats" (Arthur Alexander)

Really pleasant to see! Good work!
    Umberto

Cool image El Davo! Welcome to the forum!
    "The significance is hiding in the insignificant. Appreciate everything."
    Eckhart Tolle

Warm Welcome to you. Your robot is stunning! Anxios to see once it is completed!
    The artist is the lover of Nature, therefore he is her slave and her master. - Rabindranth Tagore

Thanks for the welcome y'all! I'll keep you posted here when I make progress...