Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Using Photoshop Brushes in AR3 Studio Pro

ON COLOUR
    When we choose 'Set Up Settings for an Image Brush', you'll notice that the 'Hue' property has a value of 'Tracing H' @100%, the 'Luminance' property has a value of 'Tracing L' @50%, the 'Saturation' property has a value of 'Tracing S' @100% and the Alpha property has a value of 'Tracing Alpha' @100%. This means that the sticker spray tool will trace the HSL and Alpha values that you choose. So if I click a blue on my colour picker it will spray blue. I can select colour in any of the usual ways with my eyedropper and the sticker spray will 'trace' these tint values and apply them to my spray.

Note: this only works accurately for stickers that were created with RGB 255,0,0 as we did with our Photoshop brush.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    "I paint because I love to cut mats" (Arthur Alexander)

You might like to play with the variations dialog and see how many different looks you can get out of your sticker spray brush. When playing with variations think of the property first and foremost and then how you will determine the value of that property i.e. Would I like the 'Scale' property to be determined by the Base Value (original size @100%, half size @50%), or would I like the 'Scale' property to be Random (100% randomness, 50% randomness) or would I like the Scale property to be determined by pen pressure, pen tilt, pen rotation, stroke direction etc. If you start by asking yourself about the properties it will become easier to determine how you would like to set their values and by how much.

(Further information on the Sticker Spray Variation panel can be found starting on page 96 of your AR3 SP manual)

When you are happy with your brush select a colour and as Hanzz says "RAGE IT"

PS/ I would love to see what you come up with so please feel free to post an image squiggle of a cool brush you create in this thread.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Hi Juz,
    This is a great tut! you're truly a brushmaster!!

The Photoshop brush .abr file is a proprietary format so you wont be able to use that filetype outside of Adobe products.
    In latest version of GIMP you can use any of the PS brushes in their native format (.abr). no need to convert them to .gbr. Just FYI.

The first custom brush I made ( a simple round ) was based off your great tutorial in the other thread!

thanks so much
    The more hair I lose, the more head I get.

Quote Originally Posted by flyashy View Post
    In latest version of GIMP you can use any of the PS brushes in their native format (.abr). no need to convert them to .gbr. Just FYI.
    Thanks Flyman... never knew that, I'll update my post

Thank you

Thank you, this is appreciated, and a great help also

You're most welcome Paul

Thanks so much for your tutorial, I am currently playing with it and trying to get some of my fav custom brushes into ArtRage

Great tutorial Juz, now it's possible to grab the million PS-Brushes
    that flying around and produce trillions of new presets

Great Tutorial Juz, thanks for your time

Bravo Juz! That is good teaching!
    Be well,

"Teach, Learn, Thrive"~DM