ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Canvas positioner glitch?

Canvas positioner glitch?

I found myself using the canvas positioner mainly for zooming rather than panning (because of the difficulties of panning keeping it on one edge of the screen).

It happens that after a zooming operation with the positioner, I want to accomodate the panning by SPACE key + drag on the image, but the very first drag after using the positioner causes a stroke instead of a pan, like SPACE key was not pressed.

I'm working on XP Pro SP3 + Intuos 3 A5.

P.S. Please add a "constant movement" to the pan operation on the canvas positioner. This would let an efficient use of the panning operation. I mean, the pan goes as fast as the length of the stroke done on the pan area.
    Umberto

Regarding the problem of the space bar being ignored after using the canvas positioner: I am getting the same thing on both my home system and my studio system.

I agree that it would be better if the panning function were not confined to the bounds of the window. I feel that as long as we activate the panning function, we should be able to go on dragging as long as we have room for our mice or pens' to move.

It would be great in some future edition to have the panning function of the "puck" actually fling the canvas and have it coast to a stop or stop on the user's next click. <drools>
    Be well,

"Teach, Learn, Thrive"~DM

Please, please, please Rage guys fix this issue! Being forced to continually undo the "extra stroke" produced when trying to pan with SPACE + drag after using the canvas postioner breaks my AR3 dreamy mood!
    Umberto

We're looking in to this for 3.0.6. In the meantime, if you can right click drag the canvas, that should work.
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.

Thanks Matt, I'd try to remember
    Umberto

If you start to use right click + drag to move in your drawing, you might find usefull as well :
    SHIFT + Right click + drag left or right to zoom
    ALT + Right click + drag to rotate the canvas.

I feel that this is the best way to move/browse your canvas, but this is a personnal opinion.

I understand that right click is useful, but given that Intuos pen buttons are annoying because they're always on the way when you draw, I removed them so now I have a no buttons pen.

I mapped the right click on a tablet button, but I still feel better using SPACE bacause I'm used to use it also in Photoshop.
    Umberto

Fun thing : this is the second time today that someone tells me that he disabled the stylus button, both users of Intuos 4.
    On my side I think that those buttons are the most convenient buttons in the world (but ok, I do not have an intuos).
    This leads me to the question : "Does it come from the intuos design of the stylus or from some personnal feeling ?" (or from my lack of experience with tablet and I will soon disable those damn buttons ... )

Quote Originally Posted by Likoum View Post
    Fun thing : this is the second time today that someone tells me that he disabled the stylus button, both users of Intuos 4.
    On my side I think that those buttons are the most convenient buttons in the world (but ok, I do not have an intuos).
    This leads me to the question : "Does it come from the intuos design of the stylus or from some personnal feeling ?" (or from my lack of experience with tablet and I will soon disable those damn buttons ... )
    At this point, I'd be lost without the buttons on my stylus. I use them constantly, although I use my thumb to press them and I think they may have been intended for use with the index finger.
    Nothing is easy to the unwilling.

I'm used to place often the stylus on his support and when I pick it up again those buttons are always in the wrong place

And... given that Wacom will happily sell you a new shiny rubber grip without button holes... why not purchase it?

IMO without buttons i feel more free with my hand (I like computers but I never seen a "buttonized" pencil, maybe there is a reason )
    Umberto