ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Painter X progress

Painter X progress

Well guys I haven't posted any artwork here in a while because I've dedicated myself to learning Painter X over the last few days and will continue to do so for a while. I miss AR though and I know I'll continue to use it for most of my stuff I'm just trying to get familiar with other tools. Anyway I'm working with Don Seegmiller's book (Advanced Painter Techniques) and I wanted to post the portrait that I'm working on. Hope to post some more AR work here soon. See you then.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ScreenHunter_02 Jan. 18 14.50.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	238.3 KB 
ID:	40181  

Quote Originally Posted by JustinB View Post
    Well guys I haven't posted any artwork here in a while because I've dedicated myself to learning Painter X over the last few days and will continue to do so for a while. I miss AR though and I know I'll continue to use it for most of my stuff I'm just trying to get familiar with other tools. Anyway I'm working with Don Seegmiller's book (Advanced Painter Techniques) and I wanted to post the portrait that I'm working on. Hope to post some more AR work here soon. See you then.

Looking good in Painter, Justin! :-)

I was curious why you put your custom brushes into a separate palette for each brush? Painter let's you make one custom palette for all your brushes, menu items, etc. Or is there a reason why you wanted them separate?

Cheers

Doug

Doug, you just answered a question that I had. Basically, depending on what I'm doing, I'll just pull the brushes off of the brush selector bar. For instance, I usually wouldn't have that many blenders open at once, but I'm just at that point in the painting where I want them all handy. HOWEVER, I was always sure that I could just have one palette and if you could fill me in on how to do that I'd really appreciate it. Also, when you say menu items, do you mean that I could also have something like "adjust selected color" from the Effects menu or "surface lighting" from the canvas menu? Because that would be fantastic. Shows how much I know about Painter!

I was always sure that I could just have one palette and if you could fill me in on how to do that I'd really appreciate it. Also, when you say menu items, do you mean that I could also have something like "adjust selected color" from the Effects menu or "surface lighting" from the canvas menu? Because that would be fantastic. Shows how much I know about Painter!

Painter Help explains it far better than I could. Go to Painter help and look up the term "custom palette" Ther you will find help on adding items, deleting items, loading, opening, removing items and renaming items.

To add menu items to a custom Palette in Painter:

Modifying Custom Palettes To place menu commands on a custom palette

Choose Window menu > Custom Palette > Add Command.

In the Add Command dialog box, from the Add To pop-up menu, choose one of the following:

New creates a new custom palette.

[Custom Palette Name] adds a menu item to the selected palette.

With the Add Command dialog box open, choose the menu item you want.

Click OK.

The custom palette now contains a button for the selected menu command.

AHHHHH!!!! Awesome! Thank you so much for your help!

AHHHHH!!!! Awesome! Thank you so much for your help!
    You're welcome. Since this is an ArtRage forum, maybe we should take it to private messages. Feel free to ask questions about painter in pm. I have a list of Painter web forums if you want it.

Cheers

Doug