ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: AR stuck

AR stuck

Hi,

I was trying some stickers and stencil (which I don't use often actually), and then AR stuck : no response to mouse, stylus, and all the menus are grayed.
    I'm quite sure the problem happens when I wanted to hide a sticker with the eye tool in the layer window.

When I quit from the dock I got this window :

It doesn't look like the usual save window so maybe you'll know what happen.

Update: it seems that Quit from the dock always shows this window which is different from the one that is displayed when Quit is called from the application menu. Not related to the problem anyway...
    Last edited by groumpf; 01-19-2010 at 09:04 AM.
    AR 3.0.8/MacBookPro 2.4Ghz 4Gb RAM/NVidia 8600M GT 256Mb/MacOS 10.6.4/Wacom Bamboo

If the app freezes like this it generally means there is a panel open that is not visible on the screen, the fixes I've been working on for the next update should solve it. However, if you do get a freeze pressing Escape before you click on anything should dismiss the panel that was called and get things working again.

Looking at the screenshot, I'm guessing the layer opacity panel is visible (the layer opacity button on the layer thumbnail is lit). Single clicking the layer opacity button will also probably solve the problem. This particular problem generally relates to double clicks.

The different save window is the one usually generated when the operating system requests the app shut down, but the app recognises there is data to be saved. Usually you should only see this if you shut down the machine while ArtRage is active with unsaved data.
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.

Quote Originally Posted by MattRage View Post
    If the app freezes like this it generally means there is a panel open that is not visible on the screen, the fixes I've been working on for the next update should solve it. However, if you do get a freeze pressing Escape before you click on anything should dismiss the panel that was called and get things working again.
    ah I was thinking of something like this but did not think enough to press ESC
    AR 3.0.8/MacBookPro 2.4Ghz 4Gb RAM/NVidia 8600M GT 256Mb/MacOS 10.6.4/Wacom Bamboo