ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Studio Pro Crashing when Opening Stencils

Studio Pro Crashing when Opening Stencils

Studio Pro was crashing every time I tried to open the Stencils Dialog... Even after a restart.

I've cured it by going into the Stencils folder (So this is just for Info guys) and deleting a 8mb stencil in the root folder and renaming a 193mb sub folder. Not sure which one sorted it Sorry!

Using OSX Snow Leopard on a Mac with 4gb RAM.

Hi Fraser,

Thanks for the information. If you happen to see a crash like that again, please send me a crash report to support@artrage.com if possible and I can do some troubleshooting to track down the cause and reproduce it here.

If you rename that folder back and the problem occurs again, let me know at the above email address and I'll work with you to track it down and see what can be done to prevent that.
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

Hi Dave I've tried putting it back the way it was but it's not crashing now, I've had similar problems before, I tend to leave the Mac on all day and it seems to happen later in the day so I'm wondering about a memory leak (not necessarily Artrage)

Will save a crash report for you when it happens again.