ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Veils of Ardor (Incl YouTube Vid)

Veils of Ardor (Incl YouTube Vid)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=biu7rFG5qeI These slightly sultry, slightly alien eyes - what stories do they hide? What do they reveal? Check out the demo, please, You will enjoy it.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by L Skylar Brown; 01-17-2010 at 06:18 PM.

Very nice work!
    Browse my gift store.
    http://www.zazzle.com/evart_production

Would you like to learn more about how to
    start your own online store? Click the link below.
    http://www.zazzle.com/sell

Excellent artwork and video.

As a learning ArtRager I can clearly see your earlier processes of roughing out the sketch and laying down the colours/values.

I would appreciate if you could find the time to write a little about how you go about the next stages of your painting, i.e. when you start to blend, hatch and smooth. The process seems more complicated, however, in that you appear to be also applying more/different colour and changing the initial values.

I understand that your view of the painting will change in the final stages and it may a big ask to describe what your thought processes are. I am wondering if the methods you use in the latter stages of your painting are as easy to document as those I can see in the earlier stages.

I hope it is clear what I am getting at and would appreciate if you feel you could comment.

Thanks.

Thank you for posting and for the superb video, your a talented painter and an excellent teacher.

Luv them Maybelline eyes, ( as Tom Waits said)! Fun to watch it come together, like magic. You are a real pro, and this image is oh so compelling and beautiful.
    "If I could only learn to be humble, I would be so proud." Author Unknown.

A beautiful painting (I absolutely LOVE your color choices!) and a wonderful video showing its gestation. After watching it late last night, I stayed up later to watch your other vids (and dropping them in my favorites folder for further study)...informative, instructive and inspiring...who could ask for more. Thanks.

Wow Skylar, I love the painting. Beautiful. Hopefully by the year 2030 we will get high speed here and I can go back and look at your YT videos.

Even the best planned painting takes on its own life somewhere around half-way through the process. It's that point where all of a sudden, you see things that weren't intended, or what are called Happy Accidents. As with this piece, I laid out my rough sketch, picked my colors, and arranged them in the Samples pallette, and set to work. After blocking in major shapes and colors, the refinement starts. It's at this point where the piece gives a lot of info on where to take it. I had envisioned a more gause-like veil, but the red color on red colors trunkated that, and a heavier weave developed. I used only the colors in the samples palette. But, overpainting produces variations, and I waited til towards the end of the fabic creation to turn on the dry setting. This was all brush settings, except the orig sketch - Pen, and the final overlays on the face - airbrush. I'm not sure if I answered all the questions, so if you would like a more refined aspect, pls tell me, and I will endeavor to illucidate.

Quote Originally Posted by L Skylar Brown View Post
    Even the best planned painting takes on its own life somewhere around half-way through the process. It's that point where all of a sudden, you see things that weren't intended, or what are called Happy Accidents.
    This is so true LSB! A beautiful painting indeed!
    "The significance is hiding in the insignificant. Appreciate everything."
    — Eckhart Tolle

Sketch - I almost always go with the direction that begins to emerge - It's a thrill ride in a way, because the more you follow, the better it seems to get.