ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Brushes

Brushes

Hi,

Any way to convert Photoshop brushes to AR3?

Salut,
    Josep

The .abr file is a proprietary format so you wont be able to use that filetype outside of Adobe product.

However theres more than one road to Rome. Every brush in Photoshop is a 'stamp'... you can see this in the presets to the left of the painted line for each brush. So what you do is just make a large example of a single 'stamp' on transparent background (see attached image) in a bright red, export and make it into a sticker Then use it with the sticker spray tool.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Juz; 01-17-2010 at 04:23 PM.
    "I paint because I love to cut mats" (Arthur Alexander)

Cool! very easy, but how to change the color if I select other color?

Two stikers to play
    Attached Files Attached Files

I thought a sticker was more like a picture tube in Paint Shop Pro or image hose in Painter and not really a brush like in Painter or Photoshop????

With the spray sticker you can use it as brush, first we must create the sticker, and then create a preset into the spray sticker tool.

But I don't know how to change the color of the sticker..

Any way of change the color with the spray sticker?

Yes there is... just make your sticker the brightest most saturated red you can...you can then use the colour picker as usual to pick colour for it

I have some related basic instructions here:-
    http://www2.ambientdesign.com/forums...8&postcount=19

These were obviously addressing a slightly different question.... for what you are wanting choose 'Set Up Settings for Image Brush' instead of for an 'object spray'... then tweak the parameters you want to fine tune it
    Last edited by Juz; 01-19-2010 at 04:32 AM.

Sorry, but I don't understand it
    I have one preset that use the sticker but changing the color the the spray is the same color red...

K select the sticker spray tool and open the settings dialog... choose the sticker sheet you wish to paint with by clicking the Sheet button and choosing one of your installed stickers (this needs to reference a bright saturated red sticker like the ones in the 'Brush Heads' catagory...In your case this will be the sticker that you import from photoshop and have your own unique name for). The sheet button just references the stickers you have installed in your stickers panel.
    Click the Spray Variation button (see image) and then from the top left menu in the Variations dialog choose 'Setup Settings for Image Brush'

You'll see that the Hue parameter is set to 'Tracing H', the luminance to 'Tracing L', the saturation to 'Tracing S' and the Alpha to 'Tracing Alpha'. Basically that means that it will be tracing the HSL (Hue, Saturation, Luminance) and Alpha that you choose i.e. the colour you click on will be the colour you paint with. The bright red we made the sticker with will be indexed to this new colour.
    It will work with non bright red stickers but the value will be off the mark which is why we go for the bright super saturated red.
    If I can find some time I'll try to write up a step by step tutorial over the week
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Juz; 01-19-2010 at 05:05 AM.