ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Superman returns

Superman returns

Hi,

I'm a part-time poster on the forums.. mainly cos I don't have enough time. But I've been working on this over a few weeks (months!?).

<strike>All on one layer with oils.</strike> Now on multiple layers. One for the symbol, one for the main character and another for the background. A bit or airbrush for the eyes. Oils and knife and a bit of glitter for the buildings.

Any comments / critique please?

I feel like I tend to overwork the paints / colours, but I'm not sure how to stop. I'm also afraid of putting in the symbol cos I think I'm just going to mess it up.

Rax
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	superman.jpeg 
Views:	71 
Size:	151.2 KB 
ID:	40045   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	superman2.jpeg 
Views:	74 
Size:	203.7 KB 
ID:	40110  
    Last edited by rax_m; 01-19-2010 at 07:18 AM.

This looks great! The nice thing about digital is you don't have to worry about messing up... Just do it and if you don't like it undo it or don't save. I think the fear of messing up is ingrained into all of us from traditional medium. I feel the same way sometimes and need to force myself to remember this is digital! Well done!
    "The significance is hiding in the insignificant. Appreciate everything."
    Eckhart Tolle

Thanks for the reply and motivation sketchism71!

You have inspired me to complete it and I've attached the final version there.

Fantastic Rax! The symbol blends right in with the flow of the rest of the painting. The perspective of the buildings down below really gives him the sensation of flight! Well done (especially all on one layer)! Very impressive Rax!
    "The significance is hiding in the insignificant. Appreciate everything."
    Eckhart Tolle

Thanks again

Sorry, but I forgot to update the original post - But I have to say that I decide to go multiple layers - so the symbol is on a separate layer and the background is its own.

Nice... I like it... But I'm a Marvel Comics guy....LOL...