ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: can hve both 2.5 and studio pro on same system?

Question can hve both 2.5 and studio pro on same system?

Hello All,

I love the intuitive feeling and deceptively simple feel of 2.5. It's gotten about as complicated as I want for much of my art activity. I was an early adopter of ArtRage way back when - awesome all the way!

On the other hand, I am really tempted by the vision of my "full service" work graphics program being an ArtRage product; but I just can't let go of 2.5!

Can one have both on the same drive? Would it help to have one on my C drive and the other on my big external drive -- or make no difference technically (other than saving space on C? Whew. Sorry that is awkwardly worded!

I really want to buy Studio Pro this weekend while my coupon still fully works so an swift answer would be much appreciated. ( I use WinXP SP3 and a Wacom tablet.) Thank you!
    bbbOK

Yes! I have them both on one computer. There isn't a problem having them both at the same time.
    Aunt Betsy

My Zazzle store:
    Aunt Betsy's Celebration Art

I can confirm this. I'm currently making a painting in 2.5 while 3.05 is open in another window. They co-exist in harmony and bliss.
    ROY BLUMENTHAL

Visual Facilitator: http://royblumenthal.com/portfolio

ArtRage 3.5.5 and 4.0.4 on:
    Fujitsu T901, Asus R1E

add-on second question...

Thank you Roy and Aunt Betsy fr answering so quickly.

I have an additional reated question:

As mentioned I was going to use the coupon to get Studio Pro which would upgrade my 2.5 and replace it, yes?

Can I then re-install 2.5 using the .msi file and installation key I already have? OR, will I need to buy a new instance of 2.5 to install?

Thank you all again!
    bbbOK

You can reinstall it using your registration key if you have also used that key as a coupon to purchase a copy of Studio/Pro.
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.

Thank you!

Dear Matt,

Awesome! You have made me very happy! TY for such a swift reply!

Money is so tight the sound of my checkbook squeaking keeps me awake at night, SO I can barely justify the cost of upgrading even with the coupon. Being able to have the beloved 2.5 without yet an additional purchase is a relief and a delight.

I was sent a coupon key in email which would result in Studio Pro costing $55. I assume that is the same key number as my original 2.5 registration number but will check that...

Best regards!
    bbbOK

I'm not recalling exactly what the deal is with the registration number for 2.5 and 3.

But I THINK they're different numbers.

And I've reinstalled 2.5 a few times on different machines, and used the original number I got.

I'm pretty sure 3 uses its own number.

And you should be able to install both programs on a new machines with no clashes and no repurchases. But I might be wrong. Matt's response hasn't entirely clarified the issue for me.

Blue skies
    Roy

PS: The upgrade to 3.0 is worth every cent. It takes ArtRage wayyyyyy ahead of ANY other package out there, including Painter. It has the very best of all of the available packages, in my opinion. (The ONLY thing it still needs is a simple, easy, quick, key-based way of scrolling through the blend options. Urgent.)
    ROY BLUMENTHAL

Visual Facilitator: http://royblumenthal.com/portfolio

ArtRage 3.5.5 and 4.0.4 on:
    Fujitsu T901, Asus R1E

AR2.5 and AR3 coexist perfectly on the same hard drive. I use them at the same time frequently with no problems at all. Although older computers may struggle if the files are large.I did not have to reinstall 2.5 when I upgraded. I agree fully with Roy Blumenthal, upgrading to AR3 is well worth the cost. I believe it is the best art program out there. I do not find it to be very buggy for a new release either. Works great I love it ! Kudos to the folks at ArtRage.