ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: SideBySide Error

SideBySide Error

Hi there.
    In my Windows Event Summary, I continue to get daily errors thrown by ArtRage Studio Pro.
    Here is the error:
    Activation context generation failed for "C:\Program Files (x86)\Ambient Design\ArtRage Studio Pro\ArtRage Studio Pro.exe".Error in manifest or policy file "C:\Program Files (x86)\Ambient Design\ArtRage Studio Pro\ArtRage Studio Pro.exe" on line 2. Multiple requestedPrivileges elements are not allowed in manifest.

The event page says the Source is SideBySide.

I'm using Windows 7 x64.

Thanks,
    Alec

It sounds like your account isn't granting permission for something the application is trying to do. The app doesn't actually do anything that I would image requires elevated permissions but could you try running it manually with administrator privileges (right click the executable and you should be able to Open as Admin or similar) and see if that still causes the error?
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.

Running as Admin doesn't solve the problem

Regardless of whether the ArtRage installer is run with Administrator privileges, installed normally but the application then "Run As" an administrator, or installed and run in XP or Vista compatability mode, or just used normally run from the start program menu, the program continues to throw the same SideBySide manifest errors on W7 x64.

Specifically, Event ID 75.

"Activation context generation failed for "C:\Program Files (x86)\Ambient Design\ArtRage Studio Pro\ArtRage Studio Pro.exe".Error in manifest or policy file "C:\Program Files (x86)\Ambient Design\ArtRage Studio Pro\ArtRage Studio Pro.exe" on line 2. Multiple requestedPrivileges elements are not allowed in manifest."

Typically such EV 75 events are generated by SideBySide when there's an issue with either or both of VSC or VSB libraries - often an incorrect or out of date library or redistributable which isn't compatible with [or is missing from] the host OS, or which conflicts with another VSC/VSB library/runtime, or incorrect permissions when calling other libraries or redistributables.

Turning off UAC in W7 does NOT resolve the issue.

These EVs are generated at roughly hourly intervals, regardless of whether ArtRage is running: and more frequently when it _is_ running.

Robert Neuschul.

I am also having the same "side by side" probems in "Studio", and after about 20 - 30 event errors my pc crashes, and it is very hard to re-boot and continue launching "Studio". This is the ONLY program installed on my pc that gives me this problem. I am using VISTA HOME PREMIUM 32.
    Apart from this problem, Artrage is brilliant and unique. Please sort this problem out as it is very annoying, thanks.

We think we've solved the side by side problem, but as we don't see it happening here it's hard to test. If you have a problem relating to side by side errors or security manifests could you send me a PM with your email address and I can sort out a test build for you to try. If you can't use the PM system, drop a note to support@ambientdesign.com letting us know who you are on the forum and that you're interested in trying out the side by side fix.
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.