ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: winter girl

Lightbulb winter girl

still keeping it simple, clean lines, only ink
    Attached Images Attached Images   

cut here. haha! so great.

This style is fantastic. Abrupt, sure and beautiful in it's result. Reproducing the style is not as easy as it looks. There is something uniquely perfect about these lines of yours.
    Early to bed early to rise makes a man stupid and blind in the eyes - Orson Scott Card

Quote Originally Posted by Gray View Post
    cut here. haha! so great.

This style is fantastic. Abrupt, sure and beautiful in it's result. Reproducing the style is not as easy as it looks. There is something uniquely perfect about these lines of yours.
    ya know, I use the eraser a lot to get this the way i want to.

Dont try to reproduce a style... find yourself and be yourself. Thats what art is all about. Something beautiful lies in everybody who reads this right now. You just need the mental energy to turn it into reality.
    You must feel free with the pen, feel a firm grip over it- its in your control. Try doing bold lines without worrying of messing up

I personally see some flaws in these images...
    Last edited by blurymind; 01-16-2010 at 04:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by blurymind View Post
    Dont try to reproduce a style... find yourself and be yourself. Thats what art is all about. Something beautiful lies in everybody who reads this right now. You just need the mental energy to turn it into reality.
    Heh. That's the goal. I figure the more I know, the better I'll be able to develop my own style. Imitating others with excellent style teaches the mind to do things in certain ways. I imitate artists I appreciate in an attempt to build my own style out of pieces of other excellent artists' styles. Perhaps not the best way forwards, but the only one I know.
    Early to bed early to rise makes a man stupid and blind in the eyes - Orson Scott Card

its a good way to go.. I do the same, BUT do it differently. I watch them as they draw at youtube and think about what is going on in their heads (some explain). I draw with them and watch them too while drawing on paintchats- that helped me a lot in the past. Theory is also important- starting to see objects as shapes and not just outlines.

also draw with a pen in my notebook- quick random sketches of people around me- studying their facial characteristics..studying faces has helped me with anime style tremendously.

Alas perfection is a goal that I am far of. I want to be ten times better than this.

Quote Originally Posted by blurymind View Post
    Alas perfection is a goal that I am far of. I want to be ten times better than this.
    Heh. Doesn't everyone? And once there, is that perfection? Or will we just want to learn more? I do some sketching in my spare time as well. I'm not a professional artist, I'm just an average Joe who likes to draw.

I like the first one a lot,the movement in there...blurymind... funny name...and simplicity is here what i admire ... it is so hard... just with a couple of lines to shape up an object...especially a face that shows emotion....you are getting there:-)

These are great blurymind! The ink tool in AR3 is an amazing little tool and you have a great talent to showcase it's ability!
    "The significance is hiding in the insignificant. Appreciate everything."
    Eckhart Tolle

Nice job on this!
    Browse my gift store.
    http://www.zazzle.com/evart_production

Would you like to learn more about how to
    start your own online store? Click the link below.
    http://www.zazzle.com/sell

Oh, how I adore simple and clean, Blurymind and you've accomplished quite a bit on these two pieces in doing so! These are just wonderful and I look forward in seeing more of this kind of work from you!