My situation is quite serious for my further life, so I want to ask people here for help, because we all here kinda native - because of art
AND because of art I've got to make a hard decision

Well, I'm currently learning in a good university for being a programmer-mathematician, but through my studies I realized that this is simply not for me
I just can't hold in brain all this formulas, theorems and other - my mind is overfilled with imaginative things, that I want to draw!
But, because of my studies I rarely have a possibility to draw...
This is annoying
So I started thinking of leaving the university and devoting myself completely for art
BUT - I don't know if it's worth
This is very hard to decide, because in case of failure I will have nowhere to go and earn money to live...
What do I mean with 'failure'?
Well, that I won't be able to live on art
I know that some people are making good money on drawing and selling pictures, or making art for games/films/books
But they are talented ones and skillful
I have a talent (I just think so) but have not enough experience

A dilemma, huh?
1) I stay in university without risks for future job, but have no joy of life...
2) I leave it and start practicing hardly on drawing, but with a high risk to 'EPIC FAIL'...

It's hard for me to stay in university anyway...
I have a good intellect, but the problem is my imagination and wishing to share those pictures, feelings of my soul with people through painting (and maybe a music, but later)...
If I were a robot, I wouldn't mind of all that
But I'm not

A lot to share, a less time to spare...

What would you say?
Should I give it a try?
And if so - what is the best way to earn money on my early steps into artist's life? (taking in attention that damn economical crisis)

Thank you for your attention...
Hope that somebody will advice me what to do...
(I think anyone would ask of how old I am, and that is the answer - one and a half month more and I will be 19 years old)