ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ink is fun.

ink is fun.

I've started to slowly figure out some of the ink settings. It turns out that I've been drawing on a half dead pen nib for some time, which is why I hadn't figured the pen out in any way I was happy with, but I'm starting to figure it out. I have struggled a lot with line control, width, position, strength, audacity, etc. I like the idea of having more elaborate line work, but every time I try, I ruin it. Pointers would be greatly appreciated.

These were inspired in a big way by blurymind. His are pretty awesome if you haven't seen them. =D
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	csprau.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	140.6 KB 
ID:	39970   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	adoerr.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	145.8 KB 
ID:	39971  
    Early to bed early to rise makes a man stupid and blind in the eyes - Orson Scott Card

so the plan was to go to bed. Meh. Ink is more fun.

Name:	jpark.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	133.6 KB 
ID:	39972  
    Early to bed early to rise makes a man stupid and blind in the eyes - Orson Scott Card

This reminds me of a cartoon soap opra, and these are the stars Awesome job gray
    Browse my gift store.
    http://www.zazzle.com/evart_production

Would you like to learn more about how to
    start your own online store? Click the link below.
    http://www.zazzle.com/sell

Love this simplicity, must try it once, also. These are fabulous,Gray.

Fantastic Gray, each one of them is so good. Must give it a go
    Sometimes...I remember better with my eyes closed

My Gallery
    http://members.artrage.com/vb_users/6307

well done.. if you would like to go more anime, you should keep the nose and the lips simple- less lines,simple shapes. In some animes they dont draw the nose at all, its taking the atention of the viewer. If you like realistic simplicity, do a realistic face as you already do, but use less colours, dont color the skin.. this will enable you to have more contrast between the character and the colored bg.. hope this helps

remember-only 1 color at the right place. I never colored the skin on mine, so it doesnt take attention
    Last edited by blurymind; 01-16-2010 at 01:49 AM.

Gray these are terrific, I will have totry this.
    Valerie

with fewer colors and simpler lines... This is a mock portrait of a room mate I had last year. He shaved his head while we were room mates, and enrolled in his mechanical engineering grad school program at Purdue. He has since started his own brewing project.

@Valerie: They are a lot of fun! If you don't have a lot of free time and want to do some fun art, this is a good place to play

@blurymind: Here's with simpler features and fewer colors. It certainly went together faster.

@AT-TA: blurymind's "simplicity" is oddly complicated, but it's certainly fun to try Mine are actually simple, but that hasn't stopped the fun factor at all.

@coops: Thanks! They are all based off of facebook pics of friends. So far none of them actually know that I've done these, and I intend to keep it that way I think blurrymind did his for his friends. Not sure. I'd have to go back and read his post carefully.

Name:	ben.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	157.8 KB 
ID:	40026  

trying something a good deal more complex (at least for me). Moderately happy with results. Now to learn how to reproduce them.

Name:	oldDude.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	187.0 KB 
ID:	40027  

and another. These are like crack.

Name:	tehWooman.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	208.2 KB 
ID:	40030