ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Announcing ARTRAGEus E-Magazine

Announcing ARTRAGEus E-Magazine

Hi all you Ragers and wanna be Ragers,

Time has come for a new idea to evolve. I have consulted with the AR Team and come up with this plan. A new E-Magazine, for Ragers by Ragers. This is not an official Ambient ARTRAGE E-Magazine but privately generated by me. The magazine name is ARTRAGEus.

The first publication will be out on Feb 15th. It will be FREE.

Zo who do dis ting? YOU! Really.

Here is how it will be done. Any AR user, can submit a page/s for inclusion.
    We the users know what we want and need. We have so many talented artists and experienced people in the forums that we can pull this off easily. Of course there must be some organization to it all. I will post all future details here so keep checking in.

We will be using www.Spotbit.com for the publishing and Hosting the Magazine. Feel free to check it out and see if you like the E-Book style.
    Once all pages have been submitted and reviewed, they will be published on the 15th of each month.

OK, thats the plan.... I will add more details to this post in the next few days.

Thanks for your interest
    Bobby Ray Howle

Great BobbyRay, I'll look forward to your details. Is this a long-term commitment for you? What's the plan Sam.
    // "Appreciation fosters well-being. Be well." - Byron
    //
    My ArtRage Paintings Here
    // My Comprehensive AR4 & 3 Thread Here
    64 bit Win8Pro, 16GB Ram, Intel i7 Quad Core - 8 threads; Wacom Intuios 4

Thumbs up ARTRAGEus E-Magazine

Hi Byron

Yes it is a long term project/mission........we all need this and can benefit from it.

I am getting the details together now and will post them here very soon..

Some General Info:

All pages will be submitted by Ragers concerning their own topics or areas of expertise. Anything you feel others need to know or share trick/tips or tools or plugins or or or...... anyone can submit a page/s as room allows.

I will of course seperate the areas and organize them for the mag and publish it on Spotbit. However remember this--.....this is about Ragers learning and sharing expertise.....not showing off your art..... as an artrager you can publish a page.... and we encourage it. OK, there are 10,400 or so registered members in the forums.....hummm. Houston we have a problem.... I do not think we can make it that big. I will do my best.

This is a great idea, Bobbyray! I am currently a member on Spotbit and use it to download several different magazines already. Some I keep for reference purposes and others I simply delete when I am done looking at it. Very easy and simple. This will be very interesting and exciting to see ArtRage in this element....looking forward to it!

What a wonderful idea! Kudos to you Bobby Ray for following it through!

I love the idea. I just spent a few moments looking at one of the e-mags, and they're pretty amazing. One thing I noticed is that the format lends itself to a page-by-page tutorial, whereby a featured artist can show his or her process, step-by-step.

The art magazine I just looked through was pretty big, and featured several artists and several of their projects. You could feature a few of Artrage Forums' artists and you'd have no problem filling up a magazine!

Perhaps you could feature several artists and have a spotlight artist of the month, who could submit a step-by-step tutorial of one of his or her projects. Readers could vote on who they'd like to see highlighted, who they'd like to read about, and who they'd most like to learn from.

General Information

Hi All ya Ragers,

First let me say that I have spoken with the ARTRAGE Team and they think it is a good idea and support this. They are busy guys and they will be around watching and seeing how this goes. They do support the E-Mag by the AR users for the AR users and potential users of AR to view it and see how cool AR is. We can all learn from it.

Well we are on the threshold of a fun and cool idea, to turn it into a reality. First let me say a few things so that we are all on the same page.

This E-Magazine is ours, the users of ArtRage. Each of us will make our own pages to be included in it. So whatever we choose to do is our choice and/or speciality area.

I will compile the emag and upload it to spotbit once a month so if we publish it on the 15th of each month....I need everything in by the 7th but for now we can wait until everyone is ready. In the beginning we will go slow so everyone can get into the idea and what they want to do. We can publish a small version to start so everyone can get ideas..?

Spotbit: a paperless publishing company provides the site and an E-Book compiler. Once the emag is uploaded (in different special formats) then the Reader is attached to it for download so all readers can download it and read it as desired. They are a business and offer also to sell it for you from their website for a 40% commission. They do individual or subscription sales of the emag. They also allow FREE emags on their site and that is what we will be doing. We may put links around the web directed to spotbit and the mag as we choose.

So, here we are and soon we will all have our own E-magazine. How about some details? OK here we go.......

Spotbit has three page formats: 1. PDF
    2. MS-Word
    3. Jpg, Png and Gif
    Each page is H-800 x W-600
    Note: PNG and GIF are very large graphic files.

The entire Emag must be put into 1 zip file and uploaded. It will also have a table of contents with links to each main Topic. (All pages will be seperated by type of topic). ie: tools, plugins, etc.

So, which is best for everyone? We can only do 1 format. Did you know that we can make our own pages with ARTRage? Yes in a JPG format would be the best I think. AR has text and um we are artists, right? Aww but can we put several images on one page? I dunno. I have never tried it. Have you? Lets get some input on this so we can all make our own pages. I admit, I am fairly new to E-Books and Spotit so bear with me and if you are in the know.....share it with us so we can make a decision that works for us all.

I would like to suggest that we each consider what we want in it...What do we need in it. We have so many areas we can do that it is a personal choice as to what topics or areas of AR that you include. So to start, lets have some input on Spotbit and which format to use.

I think the biggest obstacle is the format. Not everyone has a PDF writer or MS-Word to make their own page/s. So can we do it by simply using ARTRage in a jpg ?

It has already been brought up about an Artist Spotlight. SO what do you think? Your ideas on this, please....

We can do this. We can make it a reality that we can all be proud of and show to our friends and family as well. This is about us; the users and for us; the users of ARTRAGE 2.5 and 3.o Studio and Studio Pro!

Time to put our thinking caps on........

Bobby Ray Howle

I have a small list with true ArtRage 3 Masterworks, since the release. Maybe I missed a few, but a show off gallery could maybe serve you well?
    You would need to find approval by the artists though..
    Just say: "Rage It", because we already know it's art.

My ArtRage 3 and 4 Gallery------My Site ------- BROWSE MY BOOK

hanzz,

Hey thanks much. By the way....as I stated, this is about the ragers and what they want in the Mag and to individually submit. I am only helping to get it published. So, if everyone is interested in the Master Artworks section, someone will have to do all the necessary footwork and make it happen by making a page/s for it.

Thanks for your input and what a good idea! So, ragers what do you think? Anyone up for it?

Bobby, This sounds great. There are so many talented artists here with such unique styles. This is very nice of you. I don't have high speed internet, but would be glad to help in any way that I can.