ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Is it a good idea to install separate localized ArtRage forums?

Is it a good idea to install separate localized ArtRage forums?

Some minutes ago I did read the announcement from hanzz for the forum in the Nederlands ... like the thread name says I ask mayself if it is a good idea to do something like that. I ask this question without any ill will and with all seriousness.
    One advantage of localized forums is that it expand the scope ... also people that don't speak English can join and use the forum. But on the other hand the community get splittet. The result of that is you got lesser content for the galleries, for tutorials and so on. I affraid at the end of such process the amount of inspiration and community spirit could be significant lesser than now.

Kind regards,
    Cranach

My personal opinion is that with this fine community things get tried out and threads live or die on their merit and general interest and everyone lives happily ever after. As things evolve so will the forum to accommodate the broadest interests with plenty of room for special interests. I think this community is mature enough and good-willed enough to appreciate that in the broader community there will always likely be special interests, and thank goodness for them. I say accommodate - that's the kind of world I'd like to live in both "out there" and "in here". So my take is throw it against the wall and let's see what sticks.
    Last edited by byroncallas; 01-14-2010 at 10:39 AM.
    // "Appreciation fosters well-being. Be well." - Byron
    //
    My ArtRage Paintings Here
    // My Comprehensive AR4 & 3 Thread Here
    64 bit Win8Pro, 16GB Ram, Intel i7 Quad Core - 8 threads; Wacom Intuios 4

An idiom-based forum shouldn´t take anything away from here. It probably will help the growing base of international "Ragers" find answers to their questions without resorting to online translators, etc. And it just might help the Rage brothers expand their base (i.e., sell more programs. )

I speak English and Spanish. However, if I bought a program whose forum was mostly in German or Russian or whatever, I wouldn´t get much out of it.

As Byron said, "I think this community is mature enough and good-willed enough to appreciate that in the broader community there will always likely be special interests, and thank goodness for them."
    The only problem with humor is that no one takes it seriously.

There are quite a number of folks here from different parts of the world who appear to be multilingual. Hopefully when they see people corresponding in a language other then English, its a matter of those who recognize and are fluent in whatever language is being used, they can respond to them. Any technical questions can be passed to the Rage guys and then translated back to the questioner. That might work, at least for the while, to help any and all who need assistance.

I only speak my native tongue...English...which is what this forum is based on. I totally feel for those that don't speak English or very little English and they have to try to communicate within this forum. It's sad they have to feel so apologetic because they don't speak well in English and are only trying to ask a valid question or simply commenting about someone's artwork or passing on a compliment. I say more power to having more forums to support any and all ArtRage users from all over this world!

I love this forum and I particularly love the fact that I get to talk to so many diverse and wonderful people from all over the world. It's as exciting as the artwork being created using ArtRage! But, if a particular group of users would like to have a forum in their native tongue, than I think we should all should support them in anyway we can. Hanzz has just started a new forum in Dutch and I visited it just last night. Of course, I had to use my Google translator but it was still interesting and fun to visit!