ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Running ... for the joy of it...

Running ... for the joy of it...

Wanted to paint a pic with the children in action with it and came up with this...mostly oil brushes and knifes...one layer...please shoot if something compositionally wrong or if something else should be corrected...thank you for that.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

This painting is magnificent and vibrating of colours and energy.
    The triangular composition looks a good idea too with a sense of scattering and coming out of the running children.
    I would just try to crop it slightly to the right and/ or to rather have one kid only on the right to balance it.
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

It's really delightful. Full of joy of the children and the color palette is beautiful. It reminds me of Oriane's children at play series very much.
    Only suggestion would be the front girl on the left her head is a bit too large.
    I like the style of it so perhaps you could leave it that way and maybe it works better compositionally that way. It is just catches my eye after closer examination. Still beautiful piece and very expressive. You decide on the proportions to leave or change to more realistic. It is very delicious impressionism by the way.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by screenpainter; 01-13-2010 at 08:15 AM.

Interesting points and i apprecite your time Ceasar,gzairborne.I've done them in many different styles but this one i like the best... and Oreane i think likes this style also.... so... maybe after a time i get tired of it and will go in different direction after all...Thanks so much again.

The style is beautiful. Wouldn't change a thing with that. Just beautful.

Does look better with a smaller head on the first child. But I love the feel of the freedom the children feel while running. it is captured beautifully and is a joyful painting.
    TeresaW
    My Art blog can be found here and
    PaperTree's Images in the ArtRage Gallery can be found here.

Joyful and beautifully expressed in this wonderful impressionistic painting AT. I have to admit that I love this painting!

really nice piece.....reminds me of my grandaughter and her friends..

Beautiful painting..

AT very nice and playful painting. Well done.