ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Troop Extractor Concept WIP

Troop Extractor Concept WIP

I modeled this in 3d using Sketchup this morning. Now I'm giving it the AR treatment. As soon as it's nice and pretty I'm gonna give it some battle scars and war paint. Maybe drop it in the jungle. That should be the fun part. Hope everyone's having a great day!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ScreenHunter_09 Jan. 11 13.05.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	63.9 KB 
ID:	39752   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ScreenHunter_02 Jan. 11 15.36.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	132.1 KB 
ID:	39755  
    Attached Images Attached Images   

nice ornithopter! Actually those "wings" should probably not flap, but that's perhaps just me. Reminds me of Dune, Avatar, and the Incredibles. Awesome stuff. Some of my favorite book/movies. =D I love these 3D trips. Seeing all the stages is so interesting!
    Early to bed early to rise makes a man stupid and blind in the eyes - Orson Scott Card

I can't lie; Avatar was definitely on my mind while I modeled this. but I've seen it in so many other places that I decided to go ahead and do one of my own. Hopefully once I add my own details I'll be able to make it less generic. And yeah I'm definitely not going to have the wings flap. I just can't decide if I want rotors in there or like some kind of reaction going on that would produce a glow or lightning or something like that.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ScreenHunter_03 Jan. 11 16.33.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	87.0 KB 
ID:	39761  
    Last edited by JustinB; 01-12-2010 at 12:34 PM.

If you do go for rotors, a personal little annoyance of mine is not providing a power supply to the rotors. Granted it looks awesome without, but there is no way they would actually work very well at all with the engine mounted inside and running a power chain (often left out anyways) to the blades.

Avatar was certainly pretty awesome. I saw it in 2D first, and then I went and saw it in 3D because it was so awesome. It's the first movie I've seen in theaters twice. =D Taking inspiration from it can hardly be a bad plan. Best of luck!
    Early to bed early to rise makes a man stupid and blind in the eyes - Orson Scott Card