ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Installing artrage Pro and bug patches?

Question Installing artrage Pro and bug patches?

Hello!

I bought and downloaded Artrage Pro, and I have a couple of questions about where is the best place to install it. I have a Sony Viao, running XP, with 1.66GHz and 1.99GB/RAM. It has 86 GB of free space on the internal harddrive, and I have an external harddrive that has 200GB of free space. A friend told me that it's often good to install and run a large program from an external harddrive, and I *think* he said it was because the computer won't run as hot, since the external HD is running the program. Or something like that. So, if anybody has any tips or pointers about *where* to install it, I'm appreciative of any help!

And one more question - I've been reading the forum, but didn't find a particular answer to this. I don't know if artrage PRO has any bugs or not, but if there IS a bug, where do I download the patches from? Is there a menu option to "get updates" from inside the program? Or do I go somewhere here or on Artrage's main website to get updates?

Thank you!

Hello, welcome to the forums!

ArtRage takes up about 70MB of space when installed. You could install it to either drive really. ArtRage's undo system uses Windows Temp files to write undo data when you are painting, so most of the disc access is going to occur at that location I would say.

If you go to Help -> Check for News and Updates inside ArtRage, it will check whether you have the latest version. If there is an update, there is a button to go to the Member Area to download it. Check here for more information - http://www2.ambientdesign.com/forums...ad.php?t=25418 ( see the section 'To Update Your Copy of ArtRage Studio/Studio Pro:' )
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

Thanks, Dave!
    My own personal leaning was to install it on the external drive. My Viao is over 4 years old, and just in case it crashes, I wanted Artrage to be available. Actually, that makes me think of another question. I have Artrage 2.5 as well, that I did install on the internal HD. Is there a way to reinstall it on the external drive? I know I can't just 'cut&paste', and I do have the installation keys. What do I need to do to move the program? I'm sorry to ask these newbie questions, but I'm not technically inclined at all when it comes to computers...

No problem! You can install ArtRage 2.5 on the additional drive most cleanly by making sure you have the latest 2.5 installer available, then uninstalling ArtRage 2.5 via 'Add/Remove Programs' in the control panel. Then double click your ArtRage 2.5 installer file and select the external drive as the location to install it, when prompted for a location.

If you don't have the ArtRage 2.5 installer you can download it from the Member Area at http://members.artrage.com.

-If you haven't registered, click 'register' to create an account. Then you can log in and go to 'My Products'.

-If you haven't registered ArtRage 2.5 there, choose 'ArtRage 2.5' next to 'Select a Product to register' and enter your ArtRage 2.5 key then click 'submit registration'

You should see your ArtRage 2.5 key listed on the 'My Products' page with a download link 'click here to download'. Click it, select the version you want to download and save the file to your desktop or somewhere convenient.

If you register your ArtRage versions in the Member Area, you can download replacement installers if you lose them ( while it's always a good idea to have an external backup as well for your own safety and convenience )

If you're unsure what to do, or are having problems, feel free to email me at support@artrage.com and I'll help you directly.
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design