ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Can you open 2 or more painting at a time?

Can you open 2 or more painting at a time?

Can you open 2 paintings (files) at a time? I need to copy layers from one painting to another and opening, copy, close, open, paste is time consuming?

Also it would be great if you could select and copy 2 or more layers at a time for pasting into another.

I can just click on the artrage program icon, or on a painting file, and a new instance of ArtRage starts. Works in Mac and Windows. Don't know if the "paint" data on the layer is copied, but the layer image copies okay.
    I don't have digital... I don't have diddly squat
    It's not having what you want... it's wanting what you've got

There was no problem for me to open 2 instances of AR3 with eight layers
    for each painting and to copy whole screenshots between the paintings...
    Hope it helps

Hmmm, doesn't work for me on Mac. I don't know how to have 2 instances of AR. When I clic on the AR icon for the second time, it doesn't nothing, just show the AR window.

Anyway, I already asked for a normal document application but the response I had was something like : "a painter doesn't work on several paintings a time".

Yes we are in in 2010 !!
    AR 3.0.8/MacBookPro 2.4Ghz 4Gb RAM/NVidia 8600M GT 256Mb/MacOS 10.6.4/Wacom Bamboo

Looks like OSX isn't allowing multiple instances of the application to run, I'll look in to that for a future update.
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.

What you can do, if you're running osx, you can make a copy of the program itself and run it together with the original, then it's possible to copy and paste between the two open programs.
    However it would be nice to be able to open 2 or more files in the same application and have them open at the same time.

cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by ulrik View Post
    What you can do, if you're running osx, you can make a copy of the program itself and run it together with the original, then it's possible to copy and paste between the two open programs.
    Perhaps you can but what happens to shared resources, there may be access conflicts or file locking ... That could be risky.
    AR 3.0.8/MacBookPro 2.4Ghz 4Gb RAM/NVidia 8600M GT 256Mb/MacOS 10.6.4/Wacom Bamboo