ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Work in Progress: Trail

Work in Progress: Trail

Am in the process of doing this using a reference photo. Thoughts? I'd post this in the WIP subforum, but last time I posted there, no one really replied (dunno why; maybe it's the "bystander effect"). I'm posting this here so to get some concrete feedback/thoughts because I sure could use it. And to those who replied to my other landscape post - I haven't forgotten about you folks; I'll get around to replying in length at some point soon/later. Thanks!!! Have to get going here; will check back later.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wip_omni.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	184.4 KB 
ID:	39645  

I like your concept here, Omni and I think you've got the right perspective going as well. I'm not all that good at giving any C & C since I feel I don't have enough background and experience to be doing so. What I do know is that this is going to be really nice once you get it completed. Just keep on this path and I think you'll do just fine!

I know it's going to be an awesome painting when it's finished. I already like the colors of the bush.
    Browse my gift store.
    http://www.zazzle.com/evart_production

Would you like to learn more about how to
    start your own online store? Click the link below.
    http://www.zazzle.com/sell

My advice is just to go for it, try not to let yourself get stuck at this early stage of the game! After all, Pixels are virtually free, and the save function means you can always go back to square one if need be. This is very freeing as you can do as many versions as you want, until you either like it, or toss it. Either is an acceptable outcome.
    I watched a great movie about how Picasso painted recently, and he did a staggering bunch of changes ( like 100 in and over the top of just one painting). And he also totally blew a few things at times as well. Allow yourself to make a mess. It doesn't matter really, does it? Its not really as important to have a good result, as to simply enjoy the process, the results will come by and by. It takes time. Lots of it really. And the important thing is, you will learn and improve from your mistakes. Don't fear them. In a way, they are your friend, you cannot progress without them!

I usually find Ref photos are good to get going, but can be frustrating if you are comparing your painting to the photo. Consider tossing it as soon as possible and just see what happens.

I hope this bit of advice will help you get going. No one can really tell you what you should do next, -paint this one color and that another- it is really up to you to experiment and just have fun, and see what you come up with.. Best of luck!
    "If I could only learn to be humble, I would be so proud." Author Unknown.