ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Seaview of Paradise

Seaview of Paradise

Hi All!

This painting.....doh was about 3 hours. I used Vista Pro 4.2 for the landscape....AR 3.0 SP stencils and stickers for the people, house, quarter moon and Gulls.
    I repainted the scene using the spray gun and brushes for better details.

This was an experiment to speed up my paintings. hummm well they got slower but seem to be good results. I am satisfied. Although this was not a hand painted scene, the result is a nice painting. I think. As we paint using stencils/stickers and the such along with plugins our results are better if we are not an experienced advanced scene painter.

So, I would like to know.... do you like the painting? The way it was done?

Thanks for any reply and for viewing
    Bobby Ray
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	seascape1.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	156.6 KB 
ID:	39630  

There are definitely possibilities here.

This is just great, Bobbyray! I just love your use of stencils and stickers to fit in with your landscape. It's very AR3 creative!

Love the 3Dish scenery. It really looks like it's been cut out of different paintings. Sort of like piece work. Good job!
    Last edited by Evart; 01-11-2010 at 02:43 PM.
    Browse my gift store.
    http://www.zazzle.com/evart_production

Would you like to learn more about how to
    start your own online store? Click the link below.
    http://www.zazzle.com/sell

An art teacher I had one time, said if you can hold someones attention for more than 10 seconds, your painting is a success. I looked at this a whole lot longer than that, mostly because it was just so very odd, and I am actually all in favor of odd.
    I really have no idea how this sort of thing is even done, but the addition of the childlike house and the little cardboard cutout people inserted in the midst of the strangely real landscapes was rather captivating!
    The colors and the textures sing.
    It comes off more as a collage than a painting, but I think that is an interesting route in its on way. I guess I miss some really obviously hand painted elements, but think you have a knack for putting this type piece together, and I would be interested in seeing more. Good job!
    Last edited by Rob in Denver; 01-11-2010 at 06:27 PM.
    "If I could only learn to be humble, I would be so proud." Author Unknown.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob in Denver View Post
    An art teacher I had one time, said if you can hold someones attention for more than 10 seconds, your painting is a success. I looked at this a whole lot longer than that, mostly because it was just so very odd, and I am actually all in favor of odd.
    I really have no idea how this sort of thing is even done, but the addition of the childlike house and the little cardboard cutout people inserted in the midst of the strangely real landscapes was rather captivating!
    The colors and the textures sing.
    It comes off more as a collage than a painting, but I think that is an interesting route in its on way. I guess I miss some really obviously hand painted elements, but think you have a knack for putting this type piece together, and I would be interested in seeing more. Good job!
    Yes... Exactly what he said! It is a captivating little study Bobby! Well done!
    "The significance is hiding in the insignificant. Appreciate everything."
    — Eckhart Tolle

Thanks very much for viewing and commenting on this experiment. It is different to look at as a painting goes but somehow it is interestingly different. I have made a few more landscapes without the additions.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	alienworldHX.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	244.4 KB 
ID:	39687   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	alienworldQ.JPG 
Views:	73 
Size:	122.6 KB 
ID:	39688  

WOW, dear Bobby! You're the master of the Space as well as the Weird and Unlikely Worlds! fantastic views!
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Sweet works!
    - Saddy -
    "First, weapon selection is critical": Wacom Bamboo Pen
    AR3 - The Complete Force!
    On Deviantart
    On twitter!

Quote Originally Posted by L Skylar Brown View Post
    Sweet Girl - I love your imagination. When your visuals catch up, you will be a true Force!