ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Orchid from a Picture

Orchid from a Picture

Hi,

This is my 1st orchid painting which I painted from a picture I took in Thailand on Feb. 2009. Had problems painting leaves, never seem to mix the green to the shade I wanted.

Any comments and suggestions are appreciated.

Jasminek
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Try using the samples palette. This expedites thigs for me. Arrange a group of greens, then purples, then complimentaries. I'm not quite sure what's going on with that logo thing in the very middle of the picture. If you're creating a visual logo with the flowers as bkg, try doing layers, leaving the logo out until the end. If the logo oval is to be there in the finished piece, I would move it up to the most bare place right above where it is now.

This is beautiful. Wow, I really like this
    Browse my gift store.
    http://www.zazzle.com/evart_production

Would you like to learn more about how to
    start your own online store? Click the link below.
    http://www.zazzle.com/sell

This painting beautiful, Jasminek. Looks colors and perspective beautiful.
    There are full of an artistic objects and environment surrounding us. So don’t worry to get any idea for painting.....Khalid
    My Gallery : Khalid_ipda
    My Tutorial : How to paint water? How to paint trees? How to paint waterfall?
    My 2nd email:
    khalid_ipda@yahoo.com.my

A really well made painting, dear mate!
    It's just a pity Your "brand" is a little too big and central to better appreciate it ...
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Hi,

Skylar Brown, I really messed up with that thing and don't know how to fix it. Will learn this lesson. Thanks for the advice on leaves also.

Alexandra, Evart, Khalid and Caesar, my appreciations for your comments. And thanks for everybody who spends time looking. I feel a little self concious when looking at the works of everyone. Need practice and I spend more time now on painting.

Being retired, I normally spend half of the time learning languages but at this time 80% is on painting.

Thanks again.

Jasminek...these purple orchids are just beautiful. I think you're doing a fine job and unfortunately - for some of us (me!) - painting is a learning process as we go along. What makes it even more so is that you are also trying to learn all the nuances of ArtRage at the same time. Just keep at it and you'll be just fine!

Jasminek just beautiful