ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Cat portrait

Cat portrait

I have been working on this one for quite a while. The fur stickers are interesting to work with. I am trying to figure how to manipulate them so they go in the direction I want. The sphere stickers are ideal for the eyes. I used them and employed the smoothing knife to shape them. I drew a sketch to work from. I have not used a sketch in anything in the past. I can see the benefit of a sketch for getting the proportions and shape to what I want. This is probably going to take a bit longer to get it where I am satisfied with it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cat in progress as jpeg.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	51.2 KB 
ID:	39574  

This is looking great bobbi! Im not sure about directional flow on the stickers, I haven't messed around with them much yet. You could try to apply the to a small section then transform that area... not sure Keep us updated!
    "The significance is hiding in the insignificant. Appreciate everything."
    Eckhart Tolle

This is looking great. The eyes are especially good.

Do the following to control the rotation of your sticker spraying: Choose the Sticker Spray Tool > In the Settings Window click on Spray Variation > In the Rotation field down the left side of the table, right-click on any existing green dots in the row for rotation and choose Clear this Value. Now right-click in the Stroke Direction cell for Rotation and choose Set Value and set it to 100%. Close this window. Now when you spray you will notice that your stickers align with the direction of your stroke; this will allow you to control the orientation of your stickers as you paint.

Sketch I'm going to try your suggestion.

Mike, thank you very much for your information. This is great. I think I will be able to fine tune what I need to do. Having such a deep well of talent to dip into is amazing. Folks like yourself help to make the experience of using Art Rage so much better.

Wonderful so far and Mike thank you for that handy information lol I am still learning things and that helped alot.

Stay the course Roberta, this has the potential to be your best ever. We'll wait.