ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Milano portrait in watercolor- revise 1/10

Milano portrait in watercolor- revise 1/10

Shortly after getting AR3 Pro, I tried a monochromatic watercolor portrait of Alyssa Milano (yeah...I know...monochromatic watercolor??? what was he thinking??!!??) and several people here were kind enough to compliment it and ask if I planned to do another of her in color. Since I'd spent a certain amount of time studying and attempting to "see" the original reference photo, I decided to use the same one rather than start Ms. Milano from scratch. (Don't get me wrong, it's certainly NOT a hardship to study photos of beautiful women, but there are only so many hours in a day and since I work for myself, my "boss" can become irritated with me if I enjoy myself too much...)

Other than some glitter used on the background layer, this is all watercolor at many different settings (since I'm still experimenting/learning) as well as liberal use of eraser and knife on several layers. While I'm enjoying learning the ins and outs of this terrific new ArtRage incarnation, I know I have much to learn...about AR3 and art in general.

As always, Comments, Criticisms and Suggestions welcome.

Updated 1/10: Following Robert's gentle (and much appreciated) suggestion to spend a bit more time blending away her "wrinkles," I worked as much as my patience (sometimes in short suppy) allowed.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	am.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	256.9 KB 
ID:	39656  
    Last edited by jbyrjbyr1; 01-11-2010 at 01:39 PM.

I agree with Your phylosophy to know a lovely lady studying her on some picture or directly to then train on and issue her portrait (even if it's not as a deep experience as what knowing a wowan means biblically ) and on the fact that it's not such an har task, due to a particular additional motivation.
    Anyway is not at all easy to use watercolours to that purpose! This painting is therefore stunning indeed!
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

She is still beautiful
    Browse my gift store.
    http://www.zazzle.com/evart_production

Would you like to learn more about how to
    start your own online store? Click the link below.
    http://www.zazzle.com/sell

Yes..very nice. Well done with watercolor, well handle with watercolors brushstroke.
    There are full of an artistic objects and environment surrounding us. So donít worry to get any idea for painting.....Khalid
    My Gallery : Khalid_ipda
    My Tutorial : How to paint water? How to paint trees? How to paint waterfall?
    My 2nd email:
    khalid_ipda@yahoo.com.my

A beauty, jbyr!
    The only problem with humor is that no one takes it seriously.

Very pretty.

Now that's a pin-up.

I really like the dress in this. It has a beautifully painted style in the dress that would be nicely unified in the portrait in the skin areas. She is very beautiful woman for sure.
    Last edited by screenpainter; 01-13-2010 at 07:51 AM.

Thats great JB absolutely great
    Sometimes...I remember better with my eyes closed

My Gallery
    http://members.artrage.com/vb_users/6307

It's nice to see the color version of this portrait. Very well painted with watercolor and I like the top one more which I can see the brush strokes.