waterfall

What do you think?
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Gord & Ola Birch

Gallery
    View images
    Very Fun!

I like the concept.

The water looks like it's coming out under pressure, otherwise it would flatten out like a river and then fall more in sheets.

Depends on the type of cry. Since it's a mountain, I would think emotions would be slower, the way that the earth tends to move.

And if it were explosive, like a dam breaking or something, there would perhaps be a sign of the source of the water, where the water would be held for the gravity to pull it from.

It's just a matter of how far are you deviating from natural physics. If you deviate a little, it will be more visully convincing than if you just combine things.

Special effects in movies tend toward keeping things logical, with the premise as being the one change. The surrealists on the other hand were generally less concerned with physics, and just wanted to make their paintings read like pictograms - they were working frequently just with concepts.

Anyway, nice exploration of a fanciful idea. Keep up the good work.

Gallery
    View images
    Hey GoBirch

nice concept .. I really like the idea. You have some nice different shades going on the giants face.. which gives it depth.

If i may make a suggestion.. because of the nice shades on the skin.. u have a bit of a monotone look going with the eye.. so it flatens out ..

I for one feel drawn to the eye and waterfall... so you would probably want to try get the same depth to it.. but at the same time .. try making it look a little more wet.. yo can do that by using pure white highlights, maybe with just a hint of blue... so little that u could hardly make it out ..
    the highlights should help it pop out a bit more ..

hope this helps..

nice work and look fwd to seeing any new updates.

regards Garth

Gallery
    View images
    Very nice. I agree with Roache.

By the way, I saw the eye first, then the face. Even with the "flat" appearance, it was still clearly an eye to me!

D.