ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: When, Where, How, did you first come across AR?

When, Where, How, did you first come across AR?

Here is a post where you can detail
    When, Where & How
    you first came across and became interested in ArtRage!

In my case it began through searching the web for
    Art / Digital Painting software about May 2009
    (downloaded and not long after forgot about AR program)

Then I was inspired by discovery of AR forum Gallery postings
    mid September 2009,
    signed up late same month

Uploaded first image November 2009

Havent been able to disremember AR since!

I got bored of GIMP and Photoshop, so I decided to google different art programs. When I stumbled across AR, well, I couldn't ignore it, and I asked my mum to buy it for me!

I think it was 2006....There was not to many graphics programmes around..I found it doing a search. It was a free programme, and if I remember rightly, there was only one layer. The Rage boys were working hard because there was a small update about once a week .It was a lot of fun then, and it still is

Got my wacom tablet sometime last year. It came with Painter Essentials, which I (kind of) liked, so I started looking at what the official Painter would cost. LUCKILY, I checked Amazon, and read the reviews... gee, all the bugs in Essentials that were annoying me were ALSO in the $400 official version... FORGET IT! So I did some digging through Amazon and found ArtRage. Downloaded the demo, fell in love, bought the official version, and the rest is history :-)

While we're discussing Painter, I'm not sure if it's just me, but the airbrush in ArtRage Studio Pro is *SO* much better than the one in 2.5... it was the one thing in Painter that I liked better than ArtRage. No more! The new ArtRage airbrush is great.
    WARNING: ArtRage can cause serious loss of time, and excessive smiling! Use with care! Frequently!

“All creativity is an extended form of a joke.” – Alan Kay

A few years ago,in a computer magazine ( on cd media) was the Starter edition Art Rage which I recorded on the computer for my kids and when I started to use AR I could not stop

After years and years of telling myself I'd pursue my as-long-as-I-can-remember interest in art, early 2008 found me finally buying pencils, paper, charcoal, etc etc. I found an online site (Drawspace) with numerous lessons as well as a gallery of others' works. Many in the gallery used something called "ArtRage" and I eventually visited the AR site coming away with the idea that this looked interesting. Two days later, I found AR2.5 in my local Target store and decided this was a sign. I bought it, loved it (still do) and never once questioned my decision. And now AR3 Pro consumes me! (Or perhaps I'm trying to consume it!)

The greenhorn here had a one shot chance for a computer and (I hoped) photoshop. I also got the bamboo tablet which came bundled with pse6 and painter essentials. I knew absolutely nothing about any of it but thought that I could handle it.

After crashing around for 6 months I was ready to eat my losses and hang it up. A last shot on google for free painting programs led me to the free AR download and this forum.

Compared to PS and Corel, AR was a breath of fresh air and the upcoming AR3 was actually _affordable_!

Although I have yet to do an actual painting, I continue to experiment and hope to one day soon offer something for comment.

The talent, diversity and sheer numbers of nationalities in these forums is impressive and inspiring.

Found it two years ago as a free program while searching for drawing software to use with my young children......loved it then, love it even better now!
    Kind words can be short and easy to speak but their echoes are truly endless. ~Mother Teresa

http://rightbrainedmama.wordpress.com/

and, most especially, my photography at
    http://sweet-harmony-photography.smugmug.com/

http://foxytocin.deviantart.com/

Hello Iceaxe, well, maybe four years ago, a little more maybe,,,senior moment here, was looking through the Microsoft free downloads site and just typed in "Art" and WALLA!!!!!!!!!!!! jackpot!!!!

I was chatting to an old college friend of mine over MSN about having purchased a drawing tablet to brush up (pun intended) on my drawing skills again. During the conversation I brought up color blending, which ended up in a discussion about ArtRage, which a few people he knew were talking about with some enthusiasim. A search of Google and a Starter Edition download later, the urge to buy the full version outweighed my reluctance to purchase things online and I bought ArtRage 2.5.
    Nothing is easy to the unwilling.