ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Snow Bandit

Snow Bandit

I imagine everyone has to make an attempt at drawing or painting their pet. This is my blue heeler, Bandit, playing in the snow.

I made a pdf file of the steps I took to get to here, mostly for my own sake. A "you probably shouldn't do things this way" reminder, and not likely to be considered a tutorial by any means. If any ones is interested you can download it from my website here
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	snow_bandit.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	292.1 KB 
ID:	39504  
    I don't have digital... I don't have diddly squat
    It's not having what you want... it's wanting what you've got

That is a cool painting. <pun intended > I like this a lot. I also have a dog that loves the snow. Nice job capturing the expression and body language. Thanks for sharing your technique! I will read it carefully. I am very new to this and have been reading and studying everything everybody has published on technique.

Very well done Lee! The PDF is also well done, thanks for doing that! You should post that link in the Tips and Tricks section. I love those dogs! I get the feeling you live somewhere tropical!
    "The significance is hiding in the insignificant. Appreciate everything."
    — Eckhart Tolle

Wow, you've really captured the playful nature of these dogs in snow.

And thank you for the PDF. I intend to study it for a future attempt at painting my dog. I need all the help I can get.
    Hin

Hin's Paintings: http://hinketea.imagekind.com

This is truly outstanding, and so is your tutorial. Thanks for posting both. Great stuff.
    // "Appreciation fosters well-being. Be well." - Byron
    //
    My ArtRage Paintings Here
    // My Comprehensive AR4 & 3 Thread Here
    64 bit Win8Pro, 16GB Ram, Intel i7 Quad Core - 8 threads; Wacom Intuios 4

Lee, this is just wonderful and with the tutorial, it's inspirational! Great job!

Lee this is outstanding, you done a fabulous job.
    Valerie

Thank you everyone It means a lot to me

Sketchism71 - "I get the feeling you live somewhere tropical!" When I retired I considered moving to a warmer locale, but then I realized that nothing could be better than living right here in the banana belt in Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan, Canada. Next stupid question please...

hinket - "you've really captured the playful nature of these dogs in snow." Bandit is about 10 years old. The first snowfall turns him into a puppy. I don't speak dog, but even I understand the "LOOK it snowed, Lets go play, lets run in the snow Oh WoW hurry hurry Let's go" attitude

Eileen724 - "this is ... inspirational!" Stop, I'm blushing

Thanks again everyone

about the pdf "tutorial"...

Since discovering artrage about a month ago, I find I want to attempt things I've never drawn before, or more precisely, never finished. I've also discovered that "undo" is one of my favourite tools

I haven't even used a tenth of the tools available yet, but I wanted a way to remember how I have chanced upon a neat "effect" that miraculously happened. I have several unfinished paintings on the computer, and sometimes I wonder "how did I make that look like that?" The pdf was really meant for me, but I'd be thrilled if it actually helped anyone else.

I forgot to mention in the pdf that I have started to use another layer as a "notes" layer, where I write down brush sizes, settings, pallettes, etc so that I can easily return to previous setting.