ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Avatar like? Up close with an otherworldling

Avatar like? Up close with an otherworldling

Spent some time on this ( not sure why, but it started out just experimenting with settings in Watercolor and airbrush) and at the end of it, my wife says in looks like something from Avatar, which I have seen zero images of so far.
    Am I picking something up from the collective consciousness? No, just fooling
    around in artrage3 is more likely! Larger is definitely better, you need to get up close and personal to get the full effect. Probably 8 hrs, but I lost all track of time--who knows? Or cares!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Otherworldling.JPG 
Views:	58 
Size:	427.8 KB 
ID:	39493  
    Last edited by Rob in Denver; 01-09-2010 at 05:18 AM.
    "If I could only learn to be humble, I would be so proud." Author Unknown.

Rob - this is stunning and beautiful and endlessly explorable - there is so much in it to see. It was worth the 8 hour effort and is worth the investment of time by a viewer to sit down and spend some time with it. I love how you built it in all of it's unfolding deliberateness with new choices for placement of color, line and form one stroke at a time. It's one of my favorites from you, and is going into my favorites folders and well as my "idea reference" folder.

I do hope people will blow it up and look into it very closely. They will be rewarded for their effort.

// "Appreciation fosters well-being. Be well." - Byron
    //
    My ArtRage Paintings Here
    // My Comprehensive AR4 & 3 Thread Here
    64 bit Win8Pro, 16GB Ram, Intel i7 Quad Core - 8 threads; Wacom Intuios 4

Thanks Alexandrea and Byron. Byron your review was so good I had to go back and look at it again myself, to see what you were talking about! Thanks heaps! It evolved layer upon layer.
    Originally --OK I am going to admit this--it was originally going to be a wild self portrait. But it got way out of hand and morphed into Otherworldling, and I thought that was much more interesting anyway, so I followed along.
    Thanks for looking~!

Rob, I didn't want to say anything, but last night I started doing the same thing with my photo, this is bizarre. I labeled it another name as I kept adding layers and the effects were really cool. It doesn't hold a candle to yours though!

I would like to see it, in any case!

Thanks Rob. I am still working on her though. I have to tell you, I can appreciate your time and skill involved in your painting! I have quite a ways to go until I am finished.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I am liking it so far, and will be interested where it winds up!

Hey Rob! I didn't hear about any water main breaks in your area so I assume your plumbing went ok yesterday! This is fantastic and you are right about getting close up to it... Yowza! There is a lot to this image! I haven't seen Avatar yet but it does resemble what I've seen from previews. This is awesome! Do you use a preset palette on your paintings or choose color and value from the wheel as you go? Just curious, the colors in this work very well together!
    "The significance is hiding in the insignificant. Appreciate everything."
    — Eckhart Tolle

Hi Sketch--Yes, plumbing was a drag, but lived through it! As for colors, I use the tint-tone picker and almost never save the colors, just pick them randomly again and again all through the process. I am very haphazard!
    Thanks for the comments!