ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Bronzed Lamppost

The Bronzed Lamppost

Come to the bronzed lamppost. Stay hidden, stay quiet. It is there that you must wait. Only she may light the lamp. It is then that you shall see your path.

My daughter said that it made her think of Narnia.
    I love to create ironwork, and buildings. I think I shall have to work on some of those stories as well.

I am in that fantasy mood again. The lamppost from my imagination- (using masking tool to make pole and my thoughts into lantern)-all tools from AR3. I used oil, watercolor, knife, airbrush, stickers, pen, pencil, gosh...everything I could get my hands on. This is just too much fun!
    I hope you like it.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Alexandra; 01-09-2010 at 07:25 AM.

Wow that is really a great painting love it.

Aaah. Love those mountains in the back,
    the scenery has a virtuous tinge somehow.
    A difficult thing to accomplish! Well done

Sandra

I love the depth of field you've created with the trees and i love your technique you've used on the mountains. A wonderful and enchanting piece

I may have to visit the lamp post to see what mysteries await

Mike
    Mbrienza

Seems like a place I should be studying my material at =). I love this piece, definitely one of your best sandy.

How special this is, Alexandria....along with the short story of this lamppost. I love to hear a story or poem with someone's artwork. It makes me be apart of your dream....wonderful!

Ice, Thank you! How nice of you!
    Mike, Thank you, and she is waiting to show you the way to the hidden door where you may visit the people of the mountain. Healing, knowledge, all there for those who wait. Haha.
    Trent, Thank you! When I saw the masking tool in the tool area I almost jumped for joy, well not almost-I did! I love the watercolor on low water and the airbrush to give the black metal effect, and the sticker brush in the art brushes area to give the brushed metal appearance. Now, I want to make a metal village in the mountains with a sci-fi look. Hum... if I just had a tiny smidgen of your talent it would not be so hard for me. Takes me hours.
    Eileen, That is so nice of you! Thanks so much!

Oh wow! Alexandra, this is beautiful. Great colors on the background. Very nice!
    -Dave