ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: My Wife

My Wife

I was given an old board mounted photo of my wife when she ws around 18. It was well worn and pieces were missing. I tried a few of the programs I have on my computer and couldn't get it fixed. finally I came back to AR3. This is the result so far.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	027.jpg 
Views:	114 
Size:	277.5 KB 
ID:	39486   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Maura3.jpg 
Views:	121 
Size:	152.3 KB 
ID:	39487  

Ray,
    You have so much talent.It is a joy to look at your wonderful work and this is another beautiful piece.

This was an all day project. I had to take a photo without any shadows so it had to be outdoors. I then erased the things outside the painting and rotated and cropped it. Then came the hard part.
    I used the knife to smear or blend out the small marks and worked it up to the larger ones. Finally I had to use a bit of paint with the color picker and oil brush to get more paint on the canvas and blend out the large areas.
    The last thing I did was to adjust the brightness and contrast.
    I did take it to photoshop once to lasso a part of the hair where the light was bright on the right side to adjust that a bit and then back to AR to blend that in.
    I may work on it more as I am not really satisfied with it yet.

Inspirational! What more can I say!

You've done very well, Ray...and as a person liking to paint portraits... she is a wonderfull subject to paint... wow..look at that wondefull girlish, baby face...

I,too, like it this way however, I thought I may try to lighten it up to the original tones. Of course, this one will remain separate.

Fabulous repair job of your beautiful wives portrait Raybrite
    "I paint because I love to cut mats" (Arthur Alexander)

I actually like the retro feel of the original old board mounted photo with all the imperfections in it. Please keep it safe. I love what you have done with your repair job too, the background is nailed and I love the paint job on the stripe top at the bottom most stripe, but it still has a photo feel to it, a sort of mixed media sort of thing going on. Are you going to do any more to it?
    TeresaW
    My Art blog can be found here and
    PaperTree's Images in the ArtRage Gallery can be found here.