ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Legend of the Purple Flower

Legend of the Purple Flower

Just wanted to relax a little tonight and not worry about staying within the lines. A total concept piece created from imagination. I was inspired by AT-TAs work (without photo-reference) and wanted to experience the freedom.

Still learning and experimenting with the new AR3 tools. Thanks for checking it out!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	purple_flower-qpr.jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	63.7 KB 
ID:	39474  
    "The significance is hiding in the insignificant. Appreciate everything."
    Eckhart Tolle

Hi Eddie. Very nice, yes, much looser than most of your work - has a wonderful relaxed feel about it - and quite atmospheric. Seems a great launching pad for venturing into them thar hills.
    // "Appreciation fosters well-being. Be well." - Byron
    //
    My ArtRage Paintings Here
    // My Comprehensive AR4 & 3 Thread Here
    64 bit Win8Pro, 16GB Ram, Intel i7 Quad Core - 8 threads; Wacom Intuios 4

Thanks Byron! Even though I had some sort of image in my mind, it was interesting watching it evolve on it's own becoming what it wanted to be. Thanks for the comment!
    "The significance is hiding in the insignificant. Appreciate everything."
    Eckhart Tolle

I like your imagination and this painting, Eddie. Feels like is a closure of the end of the day. Time to relax the mind.

Thats really beautiful Sketch, I love how delicate the brushstrokes are. A very artistic painting.
    Sometimes...I remember better with my eyes closed

My Gallery
    http://members.artrage.com/vb_users/6307

I never fail to be fascinated by what happens when someone steps outside their "comfort zone". If I held myself to the constraints of what I expected an image to be before I started on it, I think I would have long ago given up on ever completing anything to my satisfaction. I almost always do a certain amount of planning but I allow for an undetermined amount of serendipity.
    I sense that this is what happened here based on your description of your process and the fact that the outcome is very different from much of your recent works.
    For whatever reason, I have a special place in my heart for images done in shades of browns and golds. For that reason, I can easily see this as two separate images that work wonderfully well together.
    I'm envious of the apparent fact that you did in one evening what would have taken me much more time just on those mountains. I think they're brilliant in their subtlety of stroke and hue and detail..
    I will always envy anyone who can do a portrait or a detailed and near photographic likeness of ... oh, let's say, an iridescent bird. But no matter how proficient I may become at it, I will always covet the ability to "say" in as few strokes as possible something that "speaks" as well as this image does.

Another great painting, really like this, and the style.

Beautiful and very awe inspiring, Sketch....very subdued and tranquil. What an incredible job you've done without a reference and such a short timeframe. Remarkable.

Sketch this i wonderful, I can feel my self being there and seeing these lovely delicate flowers. Outstanding.
    Valerie

I am happy to see you are recently just getting into the zone and letting things just take their course. It is an interesting thing to see where you drift on that sort of journey, where the floatboat of imagination and intuition takes you on such voyages. Sail on!
    This one has such a dreamlike feel to it, perhaps a bit post cataclysmic with that strange brownish sky.
    Last edited by Rob in Denver; 01-09-2010 at 05:21 AM.
    "If I could only learn to be humble, I would be so proud." Author Unknown.