ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Let Me Fly

Let Me Fly

...high to the sky...

mostly oil, pencil sketch, little blending with watercolor, flat knife, stencil for feather, composed with few references..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	AR3_test_14.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	437.7 KB 
ID:	39472  

Dear Pai, Is your style and colors, is a nice harmony in it, the young girl remember me also a ballerina, for all that I like it but I will be glad if you came out with some words about what was your intention to represent.
    Your paintings are the most of the time complex and can be viewed in different ways .
    I don't know if you care or not about people understanding or not exactly what your inspiration was, some artists do some other don't...

In the case of this painting, the feather are beautiful but they came from a very heavy bird who perhaps had his ancestors who did fly in the dinosaurs time but which actually don't fly, in plus only males have this kind of very bright feathers (like in almost all species) the female don't and you place the feathers in the right place for a bird but tell me how this beautiful girl would fly with the end of his legs or whatever, It don't look to me that the feather are on his arms and she move his arms in the incredible hope to fly without feathers (which are males feathers) ,
    now this is the exact trascription that I am able to see in it,
    I have no idea if is what you intended to do or if eventually is without significance or if I am not able to see what exactly you intented to represent.

You know that I like your work
    "All are about quiet and light." Dany
    Daily Studio Notes , Daniela Ionesco-Fine Art

I accept critics only from friends,
    how about You ?

This is beautiful Pai! Like a "flying dream"... one that makes you sad once you wake up and realize you really can't fly. Awesome colors!!!
    "The significance is hiding in the insignificant. Appreciate everything."
    — Eckhart Tolle

Oh so wonderful Pai, the colours are really beautiful. This one I could keep looking at time after time.
    Sometimes...I remember better with my eyes closed

My Gallery
    http://members.artrage.com/vb_users/6307

Wow, Pai, this is just one beautiful and dreamy-like painting. I love your color technique on the peacock feathers and the beautiful brush strokes on her dress. Creative and a classic.

Wow Pai this is outstanding.
    Valerie

beautifully stunning dear Pai

Stunning Pai. A beautiful palette of beautifully integrated color, fine, expressive drawing and emotionally powerful. It seems a dream full of hope, aspirations, desire, longing, exuberance and possibility all rolled into one - complex set of emotions ever longing and intent to embrace and experience life. That's my take - and I'm uplifted and feel like I fly high just being with your work.
    Last edited by byroncallas; 01-09-2010 at 04:47 AM. Reason: spelilng
    // "Appreciation fosters well-being. Be well." - Byron
    //
    My ArtRage Paintings Here
    // My Comprehensive AR4 & 3 Thread Here
    64 bit Win8Pro, 16GB Ram, Intel i7 Quad Core - 8 threads; Wacom Intuios 4

Beautiful as always!!! Love your style. This is absolutely stunning
    You can see more of my work at http://krasched.deviantart.com/.
    IMAGINATION IS EVERYTHING-Einstein
    See you space cowboy..........