ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Feedback Requested: Waterfall scene

Feedback Requested: Waterfall scene

I tried posting this in the Work In Progress subforum, but no one gave any feedback. Gonna try posting it here ...

Please comment on how I can improve this thing; it'd be very much appreciated. Thanks!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	landscape_3_omni.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	64.9 KB 
ID:	39452  

Well, it really depends on what you're going for- visually, I like what you're doing. If you're looking for a fresh eye and you want to know direction I would take, see the attached painting. I assume this is coming from your own mind and not a picture. Even so- I like to reference pictures (waterfalls, trees) just to see how they behave. If you look at them carefully, they'll tell you a lot about how to paint them.

Here's what I did to your painting- I blended a lot with the palette knife ( the tree and the waterfall) I re-did the branches because I usually like mine to be a little more sprawling. Actually I pretty much just broke everything into layers, pushed stuff around with the knife and added some minor details (branches, trunks etc). You have a good subject here and there's a lot of different directions you could take it. I added some mist for the waterfall with my airbrush. And some stones in the foreground, kind of a lagoon for the waterfall to fall into. I was going for more of a grotto but that's me and again it's your painting so go crazy with it.

That's just my take on your subject and I know you didn't ask for anyone to paint it for you, but a pictures worth a thousands words and all that. Good luck- I hope I helped.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ScreenHunter_34 Jan. 07 20.59.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	194.7 KB 
ID:	39463  

I never did get around to thanking you for your advice (and your amazing effort at trying to redo the painting), so thanks!