Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Perspective Grid Sticker

Since it seemed like some people were having issues getting the sticker to work, I downloaded it to see if it would on my Vista OS system, which it does. Perhaps taking the following steps will help get it working for people.
    1- Open ArtRage.

2 - Select Tools > User Content > Open User Stickers Folder.

3 - Close ArtRage (This is important, because even should you put the sticker in the correct location, it won't show up until ArtRage is reopened).

4 - Download the sticker (if you haven't already) and put it into the folder that opened in step 2.

5 - Open ArtRage again.

6 - Open the Stickers panel by clicking on the Sticker Pods.

7 - Select the "Stickers" group on the panel along the left side and you should find the sticker.
    Last edited by Someonesane; 01-15-2010 at 04:30 AM.
    Nothing is easy to the unwilling.

2. I'm not sure what the issue is. I think it's something to do with the file type or creator type, but as I uploaded the sticker straight from AR, with no compression or anything, I think this is one for the tech folks.

In any case, here's the png. Hopefully, anyone who's having an issue with the stk file should be able to make their own sticker from this.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	perspective2sm.png 
Views:	5733 
Size:	385.6 KB 
ID:	39905  

Thanks Someonesane for your instructions, I tried this but alas no luck - really feeling quite stupid now and cant think why I am able to see and find the file in every location including the user stickers folder, and I can even drag and drop it into the AR3 Pro interface itself... but having done all these it remains completely invisible

@artemesia66, thank you also for the PNG which I can perhaps get this to work like as sticker (I am not quite familiar with these yet but will find out).

Thanks anyway

Loaded without a hiccup for me.

Thank you very much for a simple and very clever idea. Wiah I thought like that. Great stuff.
    Nick Harris Artwork
    http://nickillus.com

New system as of April 2011
    i5 quad core - Asus P7P55LX
    Windows 7 Home Premium
    8gig DDR3 RAM
    Wacom intuos 3 A5
    Radeon 512mb graphics card

Loaded without a hiccup for me.

Thank you very much for a simple and very clever idea. Wish I thought like that. Great stuff.
    Nick Harris Artwork
    http://nickillus.com

New system as of April 2011
    i5 quad core - Asus P7P55LX
    Windows 7 Home Premium
    8gig DDR3 RAM
    Wacom intuos 3 A5
    Radeon 512mb graphics card

Well, the perspective sticker made its appearance now - in the Stickers folder. I rebooted my PC and after that it showed up

Sigh... I feel like I have to learn the whole program all over again, as nothing works in the same way as it once did

PS; I had the impression that I would be able to shift the angle of the perspective around with this sticker (as shown in the drawing of the girl), but now it seems like all I can do is move, zoom and rotate. Is there another way?

Thanks,
    R.
    Last edited by Rowena; 01-21-2010 at 08:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rowena View Post
    I had the impression that I would be able to shift the angle of the perspective around with this sticker (as shown in the drawing of the girl), but now it seems like all I can do is move, zoom and rotate. Is there another way?
    I do not see what you mean by "Shifting the angle". In the quick sketch, I just used the stickers and resized it a little, but I choosed to place it very low in the body. Usually 'horizon' line is at the same level than the shoulders, in my sketch I placed it in the middle of the leg, to have a perspective effect ... Does it answers your question ?

Quote Originally Posted by Likoum View Post
    I do not see what you mean by "Shifting the angle". In the quick sketch, I just used the stickers and resized it a little, but I choosed to place it very low in the body. Usually 'horizon' line is at the same level than the shoulders, in my sketch I placed it in the middle of the leg, to have a perspective effect ... Does it answers your question ?
    Mmmmm I see, thats a a good point
    (..I was imagining being able to drag the central dot around to skew the angle of the lines).

But thanks for pointing that out Likoum!

Yaaaaaaay!!! Grabbed the png and loaded it up to create my own stk file in AR and it works great. Sorry I didn't respond earlier, I just never got back to this till now.

Thanks for posting this, I can see it is a very useful tool.
    Be well,

"Teach, Learn, Thrive"~DM

thanks for this, really helpful..

would be nice if this could be worked into AR3, and to be able to draw along these lines automatically as in some other apps...

[edit]
    my bad.. just found the rulers stencil.. what other gems does this program have.. brilliant..
    Last edited by maxd; 01-22-2010 at 11:58 AM.