ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: What a Font looks like

What a Font looks like

Greetings all

Had a question...

So i would like to put some text down. I select the text tool and then i would like to choose a font/typeface.

I know some programs like Word Perfect or CorelDraw has a preview of what the font/typeface actually looks like.

In AR3, is there a way to preview the font/typeface from the master list rather then sit there and click on random fonts to get what you want?

Any info is greatly appreciated

Thanks

Mike
    Mbrienza

Hi Mike!

ArtRage doesn't currently have a font preview in the font selector but this is something that we would like to add in the future.
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

Dave

Much appreciated, thanks
    Just a curiosity

Mike
    Mbrienza

This is something I was thinking about as well.

Also...this may just be a personal thing, but I have a large list of fonts that I've built up over time and the only way I can choose them on AR3 is to press the scroll down button for seemingly hours till I get to S, for example!

Is it possible to get a mouse-scroll option in the list of fonts, or, the ability to press the keyboard Key for the first letter of the font you want and it automatically jumps to it?

Again...it could just be me that desires this, but it would make my life a little easier when using fonts!
    This is what we find:
    The hope that springs eternal,
    Springs right up your behind.

cLuMsY_Joel's Flickr Portfolio

I think that it also would be good to add a possibility to make "Favorite fonts list", that will show up at the top of the common fonts list (separated by line for obviousness, or maybe as a separate list), so we do not have to search for them in large default list
    Hope that I explained my suggestion properly...

Quote Originally Posted by cLuMsY_joel View Post
    ...or, the ability to press the keyboard Key for the first letter of the font you want and it automatically jumps to it?
    That's how it works. At least on Windoz.
    --LES

First of all, thank you for that really great program I've just purchased.

The text/font-preview feature is about the only thing I've been missing with the Version 3 Demo, and as I've just seen, it isn't there in the full version either.

I'd really appreciate if you added this to a future release - maybe before 4.0?

I want to make an additional suggestion to this matter:
    It would be really great if the program offered the ability to preview the text the user actually wrote and selected in the respective font when moving the mouse over the font's name in the list.

That's especially useful for non-English people, as they can easily see if the font contains non-ASCII (> ASCII 127) characters, which some of them often use and which some fonts simply don't offer.
    This additional benefit would not be there if just the names of the fonts were written in their own respective font (as does MS Word, for example).

Would be nice if you maybe could consider this... Thank you!

A font chooser is definitely on the 'to do' list.
    AndyRage's mantra for graphics engine code:
    "Sure - how hard can it be?"