ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Down by the Port

Down by the Port

This is an oil painting using ARSP. It is quite a new building in the port near where I live. Very modern, darlings, and quit easy lines to draw. I did this as a real live sketch first, took a reference photo and am now having a go at a digi painting using the photo in my "studio", a.k.a dining room table.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Down by the Port.JPG 
Views:	57 
Size:	217.6 KB 
ID:	39423   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF3118.JPG 
Views:	52 
Size:	468.1 KB 
ID:	39424  
    TeresaW
    My Art blog can be found here and
    PaperTree's Images in the ArtRage Gallery can be found here.

Lookin good! The real sketch is awesome as well. The painting almost looks like a watercolor but you said you are using oils? Very cool, keep us posted Commenting can be slow here in the WIP section. Ha...I have posted things in here that have never even received a comment!
    "The significance is hiding in the insignificant. Appreciate everything."
    Eckhart Tolle

Sketchism71: Hello again. I'm beginning to realise how the forum works now. Not had much experience of forums, but have been blogging lots over the last year. Similar but different if you get my drift. I suppose it is not such a bad thing to have a section that is slightly under the radar, because I can build confidence up here and then broadcast the finished article when I have worked on it a bit more and taken on-board people's comments. Thanks again for checking in on me.

Thanks also about your comment on my painting. I'm using the oil brush; Normal Square pre-set. I like the way that the canvas is showing through, but it is a bit flat, and so I'm sort of colour blocking in the painting first. I suppose it is more like Acrylic than oil, I shall have a play today to see if I can get more life into the bland walls.
    TeresaW

Welcome to here PaperTree. I missed your flower in the main gallery but just saw it here. You're going to do very well here is my prediction. Have fun learning the tools and enjoying the forums. It's a great group here and your sense of humor and inate talent will be appreciated.

RobertSWade: What a lovely welcome, thank you so much.

I have seen some of your work and it is awesome, especially "Condemned" which on the face of it looks quite an easy study but when scrutinised the depth of colour you use in the walls is outstanding. Trying to emulate that, it is then that it is realised how difficult it was to do.
    TeresaW