ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: blending problem - soft knife

blending problem - soft knife

I used the soft palette almost exclusively for blending in AR2.5 but can't get it to work the same in AR3 no matter how much I experiment with the settings.

Insted of softly blending, the tool moves the paint around, thins it out, or plops one color on top of the other.

Any suggestions?

I'm attaching a portion of a flamingo I did in 2.5 along with some attempts at blending the same colors in 3. You can see the attempts are smeary rather than blended
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	blendrun.JPG 
Views:	71 
Size:	129.8 KB 
ID:	39358  
    Attached Images Attached Images  

There have been some changes to the tools in ArtRage Studio / Studio pro. The smooth blender now has a 'smudge' dial. To get results more similar to those in ArtRage 2, you may find that lower smudge values will help. Also if using ArtRage Studio Pro, make sure that real colour blending is turned off ( Click the colour sample at the bottom right of your colour picker and make sure that 'real colour blending' is not checked ) to avoid the different colour blending method.
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design