ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Skew, Perspective, Distort?

Skew, Perspective, Distort?

New user here. Maybe I'm missing something. Is there any way to do a skew, perspective, or distort transformation of an element or layer?

Artrage versions don't have skew / perspective or distort transformations currently.
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

Dave, I hope that by 'currently' you mean that they will appear in future versions of ArtRage..?)

There may be plugin filters available which give you skew and perspective transformations.
    AndyRage's mantra for graphics engine code:
    "Sure - how hard can it be?"

Thanks for the quick responses.

I spent a couple of hours this afternoon looking for a plug in that would do this, but no such luck. I really, really hope this comes along soon. I'm loving pretty much everything about AR, but my usual working method involves taking parts of my photographs and merging them into paintings. Being able to freely distort the bits is key. I can go back and forth to photoshop, but with it being an import/export each time, that's not ideal. Is there a formal "feature request" forum or thread?

With all due respect, writing these things off to plugins isn't the best choice. You'll lose the crucial interactivity.

Could you make the transformation handles already used in AR3 be dragged independently, instead? That would give you all the skew and perspective that's ever needed. (Photoshop does this when you drag the individual transformation handles with Ctrl/Cmd pressed, perhaps do the same?)

Distort is much trickier, because it would require a spline transformation lattice and a much more advanced transform algorithm. But skew and perspective should be easy to implement, if my guess about the way you do selection transformations is correct.

artemesia66 - the forum you want is Suggestions.

I wasn't meaning to imply we wont do a perspective distortion, just that we currently dont, but there may be a plugin that will do in the meantime.
    AndyRage's mantra for graphics engine code:
    "Sure - how hard can it be?"

That's the kind of plug I was looking for yesterday, but I couldn't find one. I'm on a mac, so that particular one won't work for me. Really, I can't find very many filters that seem to run in AR3 mac--so far, just clouds and difference clouds from the basic Photoshop Install, and Fluidmask from third party plugs. But that's for another thread...

What arenhous suggested, just being able to pull the handles independently would do me nicely. Of course, what sounds like "just" to non-programmers is probably "are you mad?" to programmers ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by haakoo View Post
    this might do the perspective trick http://www.mehdiplugins.com/english/projection.htm

Hans
    haakoo - thanks for the workaround. That looks to be helpful until the capability is eventually in AR3. Good find.
    // "Appreciation fosters well-being. Be well." - Byron
    //
    My ArtRage Paintings Here
    // My Comprehensive AR4 & 3 Thread Here
    64 bit Win8Pro, 16GB Ram, Intel i7 Quad Core - 8 threads; Wacom Intuios 4