ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: A Man of Color

A Man of Color

I wanted to make another portrait. I thought about a honorable man here that is so positive and has been so kind to me since I have been here on this forum. I love his artwork and admire his skill. The painting is intense, and I meant for it to be warm.
    I enlarged his avatar and sketched it, used oil and knife, watercolor and gloop. I made about ten layers adjusting effects and size.
    A tribute to our lovely forum mate Dr. Orianelima. Thank you kind friend!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

This is outstanding, and glows with affection. Alex, this is one of your best that I have seen in my short time with the forum. Brava!

Well done and well deserved Sandra! Bravo!
    "The significance is hiding in the insignificant. Appreciate everything."
    — Eckhart Tolle

Again, Sandra, you've knocked my socks off.

At first, I thought this was "The love boat" sitcome star (Galvin McCloud) now I see it's AR's Orian. Great job Sandra
    Browse my gift store.
    http://www.zazzle.com/evart_production

Would you like to learn more about how to
    start your own online store? Click the link below.
    http://www.zazzle.com/sell

Even if it weren't Orianelima I would have marveled at the painting. But that it is our esteemed friend and admired art colleague and a star in his own right -- 5 of him actually -- why this gets five stars. . . er, smiley faces:

Beautiful work, and I think Evart's jest is actually spot on. ArtRage forums is not entirely unlike The Love Boat in certain respects. Hahaha.

So please tell me, what is Orianelima a doctor of? Medicine (specialty?), Divinity?, PhD?, Doctor Who? I could believe any or all of them at once.

I've heard people referring to him being a doctor and I thought someone would spill the beans. Still no beans. . . I'm asking.

Again, great painting. Very creative way to do a portrait. Five stars for you Alexandra.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Sandy, great tribute to our esteemed Dr. Lima - I think you captured the vibrancy of his spirit in spades.

D'Akey: Thoracic Surgeon; and of course Voodoo, but that's on the QT.
    // "Appreciation fosters well-being. Be well." - Byron
    //
    My ArtRage Paintings Here
    // My Comprehensive AR4 & 3 Thread Here
    64 bit Win8Pro, 16GB Ram, Intel i7 Quad Core - 8 threads; Wacom Intuios 4

Quote Originally Posted by byroncallas View Post
    D'Akey: Thoracic Surgeon; and of course Voodoo, but that's on the QT.
    Whodoo?

He can cut me open anytime. I've seen how he paints and know he'd get it right. The man knows the heart.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Wow neat! orianelima is pretty much awesome, and this really captures a sense of his work, his fantastic personality, and his amazing sense of color, all while maintaining your own artistic signature. Amazing. I love this!
    Early to bed early to rise makes a man stupid and blind in the eyes - Orson Scott Card

Brilliant work on this, Sandy.